Can I merge a Quicken for Windows file into my existing Quicken for Mac file?

Options
Lawson
Lawson Member ✭✭
I have a Quicken for Mac file with my investment information in it, but no banking information yet.

I want to merge a Quicken for Windows file with my banking information into the Quicken for Mac file that currently exists.

Can that be done?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Lawson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Are you still able to open the Windows file on the Quicken for Windows program? If so, you will want to open the Windows file on the Windows program and navigate to File > File Export > Quicken Transfer Format (.QXF) File.... Then, save the file to an external drive (e.g.: USB Drive) and move it to it to your Mac computer.

Once you've successfully moved the file to your Mac, open your Quicken for Mac file on the Quicken for Mac program, and save a backup (just in case). Then, navigate to File > Import > Quicken Windows File (QDF, QXF)... > Select the .QXF file > Open. Click OK once you receive a message saying the import was successful.

Once that is done, you should now be able to see that the accounts from the Windows file have been added to the Mac file. However, please be advised that if you intend to connect these accounts to your financial institution(s) for automatic transaction downloads, you will need to (re-)establish online connections for them.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Lawson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Are you still able to open the Windows file on the Quicken for Windows program? If so, you will want to open the Windows file on the Windows program and navigate to File > File Export > Quicken Transfer Format (.QXF) File.... Then, save the file to an external drive (e.g.: USB Drive) and move it to it to your Mac computer.

Once you've successfully moved the file to your Mac, open your Quicken for Mac file on the Quicken for Mac program, and save a backup (just in case). Then, navigate to File > Import > Quicken Windows File (QDF, QXF)... > Select the .QXF file > Open. Click OK once you receive a message saying the import was successful.

Once that is done, you should now be able to see that the accounts from the Windows file have been added to the Mac file. However, please be advised that if you intend to connect these accounts to your financial institution(s) for automatic transaction downloads, you will need to (re-)establish online connections for them.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Lawson
    Lawson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you so much Anja. That worked successfully.
This discussion has been closed.