Downloaded transactions are not matching. They are overwriting existing transactions

I manage my Quicken accounts several times a week. I add transactions manually and also use the bill reminder. When I download new transactions from the bank, sometimes it matches the transactions but labels them as new. In this case, I can't unmatch the transaction if it is an incorrect match. Clicking on the "New" does not give me the option to unmatch the transaction.

I am also still having an issue with the bill reminder automatically pulling the next weeks transaction into the register early which causes problems for my accounting practice.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jhunter1993,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will need some additional information in order to better assist you further.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Do you review and accept transactions prior to adding/matching them to the register, or are your preferences set so they are automatically added to the register? And is this happening with one account in particular, or multiple/all accounts? Also, which financial institution(s) are you downloading transactions from and experiencing this issue with? And which connection method are you using to connect (Express Web Connect or Direct Connect)? 

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jhunter1993
    jhunter1993 Member
    Quicken Deluxe
    Version R33.24
    Build 27.1.33.24

I add the transactions to the register. Some of them are bill reminders. But most are just transactions that I have added myself. I try to have them all in the register before I download transactions from my banking institutions.

The bill and income reminders are set to NOT automatically post in the register, but a few of them do anyway. This is happening with multiple accounts.

This is happening with Huntington Bank and Solidarity Credit Union and Forum Credit Union and Via Credit Union.

Most of them are Express Web Connect.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please check the "Auto-accept downloaded transaction" settings that they are really all turned off.

There are two places where this is controlled in Quicken for Windows:
     - Globally, for all accounts, in Edit / Preferences / Downloaded Transactions
     - For each account individually, the global setting can be overridden from the Edit Account Details screen, Online Services Tab. Look for blue text "Automatic Entry is: ON / OFF". Click the text to change the setting.