Ally Bank CC-800 Error

K109
K109 Member ✭✭✭
I am continuing to receive a CC-800 error each time I try to update my Ally accounts. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps in the FAQ (deactivating accounts, validating files, reactivating accounts) and am able to perform an update after I do this, but it will not subsequently update in the following days without doing the same. I have also signed out of Quicken and back in and am still receiving the error. I have submitted the file logs and error to Quicken twice to no avail. I have even performed a super validate. No accounts have been deleted. Quicken R33.24 Build 27.1.33.24 Windows 10

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @K109,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue and providing a detailed description of what you have tried so far, though I apologize that you continue to experience this.

If you haven't already, next, I suggest you create a copy of your data file in an attempt to rebuild all of the internal lists and database tables by following the instructions provided below. However, I do recommend that you also save a backup of your data file first before trying these steps (just in case).
    1. Navigate to the File menu
    2. Select File Operations
    3. Copy...
    4. Leave the presets as is and click OK
    5. Wait for the copy procedure to complete
    6. Select New Copy and click OK                                                                              If Quicken reports an error when creating the Copy file, then hold Ctrl + Shift while you click File > File Operations > Copy. When prompted to "Ignore errors that prevent file copy?" click Yes. Note: Only do this if you receive an error as this may cause some data loss.
    Then, once the newly copied file opens, try the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding CC-800 again, but in the copied file.

If this does not resolve the issue, you can either switch back to your original file or restore the backup you saved prior to performing the above troubleshooting instructions (both the original and backup files should remain unaffected by the steps performed in the copied file).

Follow the steps below to switch back to your original file
    :
    1. Click the File menu.
    2. Look near the bottom of the options list.
    3. Select the data file you want to open. 

Quicken will list the most recently opened data files, with a checkmark next to the file you are currently viewing.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• K109
    K109 Member ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your response. The only solution to this has been to restore to a backup that was performed before the problem started. I still have no idea why the problem began in the first place. I had to restore and then re-input all transactions that had occurred since that backup was performed.
This discussion has been closed.