Renaming my back up file

Options
stocktic
stocktic Member ✭✭
I have saved a monthly Quicken file (xxxx.QDF) offline for the last 10 years.  In May 2021, Quicken's program's changed.  The back-up command would allow me to create a new file name (ie - a new QDF file), ask the new name, where to save the file name, then ask if I wanted to open the new file going forward.  This feature appears to be no longer available. I now have to "mess around" to accomplish the same task - almost.  How can I rename my old .QDF file to a newly named .QDF file?  Is that done thru Quicken OR just Windows file "Rename" convention? 

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version do you have?  The backup file names now end in .qdf-backup.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• stocktic
    stocktic Member ✭✭
    Options

I want to save June 30 as a back up, and then, begin  a new Quicken file titled July which carries existing June records into July.  The process repeats itself for each subsequent month.  My question is how do I rename a Quicken file?  

I am using Quicken Version R34.16 for Windows 10    Version 27.1.34.16

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review the available help documentation on the subject: https://help.quicken.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=17891968

Prior to R34.13, we were able to select File > Save a copy as....  Now, the equivalent functionality requires exiting Quicken, copying the old Quicken File to a new Quicken File, and opening the new Quicken File.
This discussion has been closed.