How to change password for account transaction download

Recently changed passwords for most of my online bank accounts. Where do I go in Quicken to insert the new password and/or how is it done?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Marc Stergionis,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

When I do that, the "Update Login" option is unavailable/grayed out! How can I get this fixed?
    If the option for Update Login is greyed out, then please choose the option Disconnect Account instead. Also, if you have more than one account with the same financial institution,  you will need to disconnect those accounts as well.

Once you have disconnected the account(s), please review and follow the instructions found in this support article under the section titled To Reactivate Account(s) in Quicken for Mac to reconnect.

Once that is done, your login credentials will be successfully updated and you will then be able to continue updating and downloading new transactions.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Hello @Marc Stergionis, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties updating your bank credentials. To enter in your new credentials select your desired account, then Settings (bottom right corner) >Downloads >Update Login. A visual example is below. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

-Quicken Paloma 

• Marc Stergionis
    Marc Stergionis Member ✭✭
    When I do that, the "Update Login" option is unavailable/grayed out! How can I get this fixed?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Marc Stergionis,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

If the option for Update Login is greyed out, then please choose the option Disconnect Account instead. Also, if you have more than one account with the same financial institution,  you will need to disconnect those accounts as well.

Once you have disconnected the account(s), please review and follow the instructions found in this support article under the section titled To Reactivate Account(s) in Quicken for Mac to reconnect.

Once that is done, your login credentials will be successfully updated and you will then be able to continue updating and downloading new transactions.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.