How can I save my two accounts on the account column?

I recently imported an account from another computer which uses same Quicken version. In order to get the copy from one computer to the other, I use the backup and restore method. I cannot see both accounts under the account column. I noticed under the file tab, each account has a different location. How can I fix it in order to see all accounts under the account column?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I recently imported an account from another computer which uses same Quicken version. In order to get the copy from one computer to the other, I use the backup and restore method."
    Just to be clear, you actually transferred a Quicken file from one computer to the other.  There may only be one "Account" in that file, and there may be only one "Account" in the file that already existed on your computer, but at this point you have two different Quicken files so simply opening one file or the other file is only going to show you the Account in the file that's open.
    The different locations on your computer where the two files are saved is irrelevant to your problem, but for simplicity I'd advise having the two files in one place on your computer.  That's normally in the "Quicken" folder under your "Documents" folder.
    In order to show the two Accounts in one of the files you have to export information from one of the files and then import that information into the other file.  Make backups of both files and see the export/import process here:

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Backup and restore work on Quicken files.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: How to 'merge' two Quicken files?
This discussion has been closed.