Unable to connect to Discover

I've been getting the CC-501 error for Discover Bank for 4 days. I have deactivated the online service and set it up again but it still is not working

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    With Discover Card, you want to setup the download as Direct Connect versus the Express Web Connect that you have.
    First, use Discover Card, not Discover Card Account Services as the financial institution.
    Secondly, use the Advanced Options so that you can select Direct Connect.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • KOG
    KOG Member
    Thank you. I've used web express for years and it's only now causing a problem. Can you tell me how to get to advanced options? It's not obvious. When I deactivate online services and try to reactivate, it remembers my previous options.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20
    KOG said:
    Thank you. I've used web express for years and it's only now causing a problem. Can you tell me how to get to advanced options? It's not obvious. When I deactivate online services and try to reactivate, it remembers my previous options.

The image above, provided by @splasher, explains it all. Look for the red arrows.
    Use the Tools / Add Account process instead of Edit Account Details / Activate.