Bank accounts recently won't reconcile.

Previously, in 2 of my bank accounts, when I selected the Reconcile icon, a dialogue box would pop up with the cleared transactions to mark to be reconciled. Then when I marked all cleared transactions and closed the box, those cleared transactions marked "c" in the registry would show as "R" for reconciled. In another account transactions would be marked "R" automatically without the dialogue box prompt, without selecting the Reconcile icon. In the last month when I select the Reconcile icon, all 3 accounts give the pop-up box message: "There are no uncleared items to reconcile.", even though there are transactions to reconcile, marked "c" in the registry. The same message is given in the third account that no longer automatically reconciles when I select the Reconcile icon. I've played with the options for online vs paper reconciliation and automatic reconciliation. The only way to get around this that I've found is to use the paper option. But then dates and amounts need to be entered manually. And a warning is given to not go from online to paper. What has changed, and how can I get the online reconciliation function back?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Reconciling using an online balance assumes the online balance and date obtained by Quicken are correct.  The message you received appears when the date for the online balance is earlier than the date or posting date of all the unreconciled transactions in the register.  You may want to review: FAQ: How does Quicken determine which transactions qualify for a reconcile?

Note: The warning may be ignored if you understand the transactions already reconciled will not appear in the Reconcile window.

To switch back to online reconciliation: open the register, press Ctrl + R, and choose Online balance

We find reconciling to a statement obtained from our financial institution to be more reliable than reconciling using the online balance.
  • Chris3
    Chris3 Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Something definitely has changed within the past month or so. I've been reconciling my accounts the same way for years and all of a sudden in numerous of my accounts unreconciled and/or uncleared transactions are no longer showing up when I go to reconcile. I've tried repairing my file, I've checked on the things mentioned in the FAQ article, everything looks to be the way it should be, and yet, I can't reconcile any account because the transactions don't show up in the reconcile screen. Seems to have started after the R33.24 update, at least for me.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dmmmrs and @Chris3 - Does the issue go away when you run OSU 12-24 hrs later?
    Also, is the issue occurring primarily with accounts set up with Express Web Connect (EWC)?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)