Security associated with Roth IRA account is incorrect. Can I change?

When I enter transactions for the Roth account I cannot change the security name associated with he account. This causes the account value to be incorrect. Is there any way to change the security associated with the Roth account without having to re-enter all of my transactions.
Tagged:

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    When an account is not setup as a single mutual fund account, you should be able to change the security associated with transactions in the account: open the account, press Ctrl + Shift + E, choose No for Single mutual fund account, and select OK

If a security is not correct, you may edit the security: press Ctrl + Y, right-click on the security, and select Edit
  • DDP2123
    DDP2123 Member ✭✭
    I did this and it allows me to add the security I need. Is there a method to change all transactions within an account to the correct security without having to do every transaction individually?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Single Mutual Fund account (SMF) can ONLY hold the original fund EVER.  IF that original fund is absorbed into another fund, you need to set up an add'l account ... or turn off SMF.
    SO, the question becomes, how did that incorrect fund get set up in the 1st place ... and about how many transactions are you talking about, and going back how far?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• DDP2123
    DDP2123 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the reply. I have about 50 transactions to fix. Not certain how the wrong security was connected to the account. I would had to have done it. It is the only account out 30 that is this way. I will have to watch more closely.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    DDP2123 said:
    I did this and it allows me to add the security I need. Is there a method to change all transactions within an account to the correct security without having to do every transaction individually?
    Again, to change a security in all of the transactions where it is referenced, you may edit the security: press Ctrl + Y, right-click on the security, and select Edit

If you want to limit the change to the transactions in one account, you need to apply the change to each transaction individually.  Note: I suggest pasting the name of the correct security over the incorrect security in the transactions.