Dashboard view modification

Options
How do I modify the dashboard view to show investment performance over a certain time period rather than the year as it shows by default. The help says scroll to bottom of screen to modify dashboard but I don't see that option. I have Deluxe version R34.24 for windows 10.

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    look at the specific chart and there is a gearwheel in the upper right of each chart......you can customize the view of that particular chart there. 
  • erik b
    erik b Member
    Options
    I do not have a gear wheel for each chart. Only one on the top of the main page and I can't seem to figure out how to modify it from there.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The terms you're using here - dashboard view and investment performance - don't really identify what you're looking at.  I assume you're not referring to the report "Investment Performance" and I'm kind of guessing you're looking at something you've seeing under the HOME tab, but there's no "investment" item called "investment performance" per se.
  • erik b
    erik b Member
    Options
    Actually it's the graph value over time on the dashboard page. I don't think there is a way to modify that, unless I'm wrong. Maybe I'm asking too much of the product.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    please confirm which version of Quicken you are using:  I am on Windows / Deluxe / most current version

If I click the 'go to home' tab; that gives me the 'dashboard' view..... if you mean something else, please clarify,
  • erik b
    erik b Member
    Options
    I think I'm using the most recent. From the about menu I listed the build version maybe I don't have the most recent. It's R34.24.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking at the Investing tab / Dashboard option, I see a "Value over time" graph applicable for "This Year".  I do not see a way to alter that time frame.   I also do not find the reference in Help you are referring to.  

On the Home tab / Investment selections, there is a 'gear' icon to customize those graphs.  
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AFAIK, there is no way to change the investing tab, dashboard time period to something other than one year.  The help reference may be for quicken on the web instead of for desktop?  (Quicken uses the term dashboard in a lot of different places!)

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• erik b
    erik b Member
    Options
    Cool, got it. Thanks.
  • erik b
    erik b Member
    Options
    Thats ok, I can get the view on the standard home page rather than the dashboard. As described above. Good enough.
  • cdyazel
    cdyazel Member
    Options
    I do not like the new Dashboard look. Can I go back to the old look?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @cdyazel Your standard "classic" Home tab views should be just to the right of the new Home tab Dashboard.

Note I believe that this is just the start and over some time they will probably change over from the old "Classic" to this new view type.  As such you should find one of the threads on the subject and provide your feedback on what you believe should be improved.
    Here is one to start with.  Note that there is also an "Investment Dashboard" which is a different subject.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898034/how-do-you-like-the-quicken-windows-new-dashboard
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just a note. In settings, If you toggle the Classic Dashboard switch (Button) to off to get the Modern Dashboard View, you lose all of your other additional Home Views. Then, if you toggle the Classic Dashboard back on, you get your additional Home Views back in their initial state as when you started Quicken.
    Running on the Quicken Windows Premier Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
This discussion has been closed.