new report

selimhbr
selimhbr Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Reports (Windows)
is it possible to generate a report showing ending balance vs online balance for each account.
This would useful for troubleshooting for any missing or erroneous transactions in each account.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not aware of any report that could do that. 
    You can quickly flip through all your Spending Accounts and see that information, but the fact that an online balance and your ending balance don't agree doesn't necessarily indicate anything's wrong in your Account.  Normal timing differences in Spending Accounts can easily create those differences, typically requiring no adjustment on your part.
    The best way to smoke out missing or erroneous transactions is through the reconciliation process.  
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ENDING balance includes checks that you've written that have not yet reached your bank.  It also includes any future dated transactions in the account.
    The ONLINE balance only includes what the bank knows.  It's easy to see how the 2 figures could differ ... yet BOTH be correct.
    Even if it existed, this report wouldn't do what you want ... Reconciliation will.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• selimhbr
    selimhbr Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I am talking about accounts that have all the updates but still show differences in the amounts.This is prevalent in credit car accounts.Sometimes a transaction may have been missed on downloads. A report like that would highlight the differences without having to go account by account. It would be nice if quicken can add such a feature.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @selimhbr I would look at Tools | Account List and check the Options for which account balances you can display in the Account List window.  

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.