How to save a file, data, copy... as a different name?

I use to be given the option to "save as" to where I could change the name of a file, but now that option doesn't seem to be there and or it has changed and I"m just not recognizing it.

I can see that I can make a copy, do a back up

How can I change a files name, lets say I'm currently working on a July file/info and want to save it as August without jacking up the whole file...?

Answers

• MackMom
    MackMom Member
    edited August 2021
    Where is: "File > Save a copy as..."

If it's gone - WHY?
    If it's hidden - WHERE?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the R34.13 release notes at: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

One way to achieve the equivalent functionality is to select File > Show this file on my computer, press Ctrl + CCtrl + VF2, enter the new name, press Enter and Enter.

• deex2
    deex2 Member ✭✭
    saving file, help, windows 10
  • deex2
    deex2 Member ✭✭
    I use to be able to do Save AS and then save a copy of the file where I wanted and under a different name, but it doesn't seem to give me that option anymore unless I am just over looking it.

How can i change data/file name or save a copy of a data file... under a different name without jacking up the whole file?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand what you are trying to do.  Why?  You should keep using the same current data file and make backups each month or more frequently.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    One way to achieve the equivalent functionality is to select File > Show this file on my computer, exit Quicken, press Ctrl + CCtrl + VF2, enter the new name, press Enter and open the desired Quicken file.

Note: Don't perform the copy if Quicken may be performing a scheduled update.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have modified my earlier response to eliminate the possibility that Quicken may update the Quicken file as it is being copied.
This discussion has been closed.