How to save a file, data, copy... as a different name?

I use to be given the option to "save as" to where I could change the name of a file, but now that option doesn't seem to be there and or it has changed and I"m just not recognizing it.

I can see that I can make a copy, do a back up

How can I change a files name, lets say I'm currently working on a July file/info and want to save it as August without jacking up the whole file...?

Answers

• MackMom
    MackMom Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Where is: "File > Save a copy as..."

If it's gone - WHY?
    If it's hidden - WHERE?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    From the R34.13 release notes at: https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

One way to achieve the equivalent functionality is to select File > Show this file on my computer, press Ctrl + CCtrl + VF2, enter the new name, press Enter and Enter.

• deex2
    deex2 Member ✭✭
    saving file, help, windows 10
  • deex2
    deex2 Member ✭✭
    I use to be able to do Save AS and then save a copy of the file where I wanted and under a different name, but it doesn't seem to give me that option anymore unless I am just over looking it.

How can i change data/file name or save a copy of a data file... under a different name without jacking up the whole file?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand what you are trying to do.  Why?  You should keep using the same current data file and make backups each month or more frequently.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    One way to achieve the equivalent functionality is to select File > Show this file on my computer, exit Quicken, press Ctrl + CCtrl + VF2, enter the new name, press Enter and open the desired Quicken file.

Note: Don't perform the copy if Quicken may be performing a scheduled update.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have modified my earlier response to eliminate the possibility that Quicken may update the Quicken file as it is being copied.
This discussion has been closed.