Chase - no longer allowed to download just Chase Credit Card transactions

I have several chase credit cards that I've always downloaded directly into quicken through one step update. This year I have been unable to automatically do that anymore. It tells me that I cannot use express connect and I need to contact Chase for a direct connect signin. I contacted them and they told me that they only give that to customers with deposit accounts and not just credit cards. Why am I unable to download my transactions anymore when I've been able to do it. I can do it manually but the one step update for all of my accounts is why I chose Quicken years ago.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @tfontaine1 .  Yes you can (and should) set up your Chase accounts downloading with Direct Connect (DC).  I suggest you take the following steps:
    1. Log into your online account and enter "Quicken" in the search field.  You will get a message like this telling you what to do to authorize Quicken for downloading.  Even if you have authorized Quicken for downloads before, be sure to go through this process, again, just to make sure the authorization is still intact.
    2. After you have authorized Quicken, click on Add Account, type in Chase and then click on the Advanced Options link.
    3. Quicken will default to EWC but you want DC so select DC and then click on Next.  Then follow the prompts to complete the process.
    Let me know whether or not this worked for you.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW for reference it is usually just the opposite of what the customer reprehensive stated.  Since they tend to get a lot of money from credit card accounts the financial institutions tend to be much more generous about supporting Direct Connect on credit cards than they do on banking accounts.

For instance you have to use Citibank as the financial institution for Citibank banking accounts, and it is Express Web Connect only.  But you can use Citi Cards to get Direct Connect on Citibank credit card accounts.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/