Reconcile issue

Options
I download for multiple accounts on a daily basis. Credit card reconciliation works fine. When I reconcile a brokerage account it seems I must enter the current cash balance when I reconcile. I have the box checked in account details to use the online balance for reconciliation but it is always blank. Why doesn't it work like the credit card reconciliation? Am I doing something wrong? Setup issue?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @walter bender

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your reconcile. That is odd I'm wondering exactly what's happening. A screenshot may help us with figuring out what exactly could be causing the issue. I'll leave an article down below on how to do

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Once you get a chance let us know more about the issue and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• walter bender
    walter bender Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Here are screenshots of the account setup indicating "reconcile using online balance" and the actual reconcile window showing the blank online balance box. Why doesn't the online balance enter in this box? Checking the setup to reconcile using online balance doesn't seem to do anything.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @walter bender

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering if we might need to continue the current reconcile then cancel it so we're able to get it working properly. Try to select ok on the reconcile then in the next screen it should pull up all the transactions and in the bottom you should have the option to cancel reconcile. Once you've done this try the reconcile again. Ideally it should pop up with the online reconcile instead. 

One you get the chance to try this let us know if you can get the reconcile working properly. If not we'll see what our next option is.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Manniesm
    Manniesm Member ✭✭
    Options
    this is the popup we no longer get when clicking on a investment transaction
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    For this question:
    I download for multiple accounts on a daily basis. Credit card reconciliation works fine. When I reconcile a brokerage account it seems I must enter the current cash balance when I reconcile. I have the box checked in account details to use the online balance for reconciliation but it is always blank. Why doesn't it work like the credit card reconciliation? Am I doing something wrong? Setup issue?

Thanks in advance.

Even though investment accounts have the "Reconcile using online balance" check box investment accounts have never reconciled to the online balance.  One can consider the fact that they show that check box a bug since they have never really supported that feature in investment accounts.

For this question:
    Manniesm said:
    this is the popup we no longer get when clicking on a investment transaction
    Are you clicking here:

It should show you this menu:

P.S. this second question should have been asked as a completely separate question, since it has nothing to do with the first question asked in this thread.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.