R34.24 - Performing Final Conversion - then crashes

Options
esd3104
esd3104 Member ✭✭
I have already called into Tech support over a month ago and they just had me install an older version. After the update of R34.24 I see a brief dialog box about migrating data and then it fails. Thereafter Quicken doesn't start and I have to re-install an older R33.19 release and magically it works again.

I have been avoiding the install but today it installed automatically upon launching Quicken. When are you going to fix this release? There are a plenty of problem reports about it?

Best Answer

• esd3104
    esd3104 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > The crashing during "Performing Final Conversion" has been traced to the saved reports.  It has been suggested in other threads to go back to an older version of Quicken, delete the saved reports and then upgrade again.  And the recreate the saved reports.
    >
    > I don't think I have seen any reports that they have fixed the problem with crashing on the saved reports during this conversion, so that might be your only option.
    >
    > I think this all tied into the changes they did in the reports where how you select accounts and categories has changed.

Thanks and Yikes - what a piece of crap this update is. Having to re-create my reports for Taxes and other things doesn't sound like fun. :-(

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There was an issue with anti-virus programs sometimes interfering with updating Quicken and new installations of Quicken that was addressed with R34.20.  There was also an issue with Norton anti-virus that was highlighted in the update notes for R34.24 (a Norton issue, not a Quicken issue) advising people to update their Norton anti-virus programs before trying to install R34.24.
    I suggest you try doing the following:
    1. Update your anti-virus program.
    2. Make sure your anti-virus program whitelists Quicken.
    3. Turn off your anti-virus program.
    4. Download and try installing the R34.24 Mondo Patch from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product.
    5. If #4 does not work, uninstall Quicken and then download and install the full program from your Quicken.com account or from https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it.
    6. After the installation is completed, turn the anti-virus back on.
    Did this resolve the issue for you?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• esd3104
    esd3104 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Appreciate the suggestions. Tried all options - both have the same result "Performing Final Conversion" dialog appears briefly followed by the Application crashing. [Removed- Disruptive]
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    esd3104 said:
    I have already called into Tech support over a month ago and they just had me install an older version. After the update of R34.24 I see a brief dialog box about migrating data and then it fails. Thereafter Quicken doesn't start and I have to re-install an older R33.19 release and magically it works again.

I have been avoiding the install but today it installed automatically upon launching Quicken. When are you going to fix this release? There are a plenty of problem reports about it?

If you have active Anti-Scanning scanning,other than Windows Defender Anti-Virus, disable Real-time scanning, when installing.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The crashing during "Performing Final Conversion" has been traced to the saved reports.  It has been suggested in other threads to go back to an older version of Quicken, delete the saved reports and then upgrade again.  And the recreate the saved reports.

I don't think I have seen any reports that they have fixed the problem with crashing on the saved reports during this conversion, so that might be your only option.

I think this all tied into the changes they did in the reports where how you select accounts and categories has changed.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • esd3104
    esd3104 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @thecreator said:
    > Hi @esd3104 ,

> If you have active Anti-Scanning scanning,other than Windows Defender Anti-Virus, disable Real-time scanning, when installing.

Was mentioned in the prior post and I disabled Malwarebytes and then also Windows Defender. Makes no difference.
  • esd3104
    esd3104 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > The crashing during "Performing Final Conversion" has been traced to the saved reports.  It has been suggested in other threads to go back to an older version of Quicken, delete the saved reports and then upgrade again.  And the recreate the saved reports.
    >
    > I don't think I have seen any reports that they have fixed the problem with crashing on the saved reports during this conversion, so that might be your only option.
    >
    > I think this all tied into the changes they did in the reports where how you select accounts and categories has changed.

Thanks and Yikes - what a piece of crap this update is. Having to re-create my reports for Taxes and other things doesn't sound like fun. :-(
  • esd3104
    esd3104 Member ✭✭
    Options
    So just to close the loop. Although the most recent release/update seems to be R35.26 I can confirm that I just updated to this after deleting all my saved reports. So the suggestion about the reports from @Chris_QPW was the right path. Thanks!