Ally not updating

For the past few weeks, Ally hasn't been updating transactions. When I open One Step Update, all of my Ally accounts show up and it seems to show Quicken establishing contact during the update. Once One Step Update is complete, none of those accounts are updated and Ally doesn't even show up in the One Step Update Summary anymore. I'm not getting any kind of error messages.
Any ideas? Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Jeff Armin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please follow the instructions provided below.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jeff Armin
    Jeff Armin Member ✭✭
    We've made some baby steps. Followed your instructions and the sign in/sign out process went fine. Logged back in and did a One Step Update. One of the Ally accounts did update but that account, and all of the other Ally accounts, are not showing the same balance that I see when I logged into my Ally site. Ally does show up in the One Step Update summary, however.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited August 2021
    Thanks for the update. 

To clarify; is the Ending balance, the Online balance, or both that do not match the balance on the bank's site? And do any of your accounts currently show pending transactions on the bank's end?

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jeff Armin
    Jeff Armin Member ✭✭
    My mistake. I went back and checked the Quicken register and compared it to my Ally statements from the beginning and found (where I made) the problem. Quicken and Ally show the same balances now. Thanks for your help in getting the transactions to download again.
  • daveinma
    daveinma Member ✭✭
    thanks - I was having the exact same issue at many of my accounts. Anja's suggestion fixed it.
This discussion has been closed.