Yet Another Truist Merger Question - How to do it ASSUMING Truist gets Quicken service

Options
2»

Comments

• T369
    T369 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @ATLuser Thanks! The Ctrl-Shift-Enter worked for me. Is this some kind of secret keyboard shortcut?
  • ATLuser
    ATLuser Member ✭✭
    Options
    @T369 Glad to see that it worked for you. I don't think it's a secret keyboard shortcut, but I must have seen it sometime in the past when trying to solve for a similar password reset problem and I kept a note for myself for future password reset issues (like I did for this Truist SunTrust merger issue). :)
  • josi_ok
    josi_ok Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    You don't need to change your password. When it asks to change your Suntrust password, just enter CTRL+ENTER (or maybe it is CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, not sure)

oops- replied before seeing atluser's reply
  • James Wilbourne
    James Wilbourne Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > When switching an account to another financial institution the process is to deactivate the account and clear out the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details before trying to reactivate this.  Or you can deactivate the account and then use the + icon in the account bar to start the Add Account.  With both the point is to get Quicken to prompt for the financial institution again.
    >
    > But note, this isn't going to lead you to success because as of now Truist isn't a supported financial institution.

Now that Truist IS supported the "switching" procedure described above worked great. I went from Suntrust to Truist - using my Suntrust credentials for the Truist account entry. NOTE: Truist will send a one time code to your Suntrust or BBT account registered email.

Thanks @Chris_QPW

Jim
  • James J
    James J Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > When switching an account to another financial institution the process is to deactivate the account and clear out the financial institution on the General tab of the Account Details before trying to reactivate this.  Or you can deactivate the account and then use the + icon in the account bar to start the Add Account.  With both the point is to get Quicken to prompt for the financial institution again.
    >
    > But note, this isn't going to lead you to success because as of now Truist isn't a supported financial institution.

Now that Truist IS supported the "switching" procedure described above worked great. I went from Suntrust to Truist - using my Suntrust credentials for the Truist account entry. NOTE: Truist will send a one time code to your Suntrust or BBT account registered email.

Thanks @Chris_QPW

Jim
    I just did the same and it worked.  I used my existing Suntrust logon credentials to connect to Truist.  Truist sent the code to my phone.  Voila. Connected.