I am not able to add a new security in the investments, I get the correct screen but cannot add it

I get the correct screen, go through the screens, but the security is not added.
Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not added to the Security List?

Not added to the Watch List? There is a new check box for that.

Not added to an account? You must add or buy some shares first.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Dennism76
    Dennism76 Member
    I am trying to add a new stock purchase to my account. I get the add a security screen and then I complete the fields and when I complete all the fields and hit the done key, the new security in not added to the account.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version and edition it Quicken are you running? Go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what it says there. Starter edition will probably not let you add securities.

If that's not it,  go to Tools > Security List and try adding the Security there. Let us know what if any error message you get.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Dennism76
    Dennism76 Member
    I am running windows subscription, I did successfully add manually.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do make sure that the supposedly new security does not already exist in the Security List, as a hidden security.
    In the Security List, enable (click to put a checkmark) the "Show hidden securities" at the bottom of the window.
    And be sure the Security List is sorted by the Security name (click column headers to sort by column)
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dennism76 said:
    I am trying to add a new stock purchase to my account. I get the add a security screen and then I complete the fields and when I complete all the fields and hit the done key, the new security is not added to the account.
    This is normal. Adding a stock to the security list will never add it to an account. You must Buy or Add shares in the account.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.