I am not able to Add New Security in the investments (edit)

Options
Dennism76
Dennism76 Member ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Investing (Windows)

I get the correct screen, go through the screens, but the security is not added.

Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not added to the Security List?

Not added to the Watch List? There is a new check box for that.

Not added to an account? You must add or buy some shares first.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Dennism76
    Dennism76 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am trying to add a new stock purchase to my account. I get the add a security screen and then I complete the fields and when I complete all the fields and hit the done key, the new security in not added to the account.
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    What version and edition it Quicken are you running? Go to Help > About Quicken and let us know what it says there. Starter edition will probably not let you add securities.

If that's not it,  go to Tools > Security List and try adding the Security there. Let us know what if any error message you get.
  • Dennism76
    Dennism76 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am running windows subscription, I did successfully add manually.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do make sure that the supposedly new security does not already exist in the Security List, as a hidden security.
    In the Security List, enable (click to put a checkmark) the "Show hidden securities" at the bottom of the window.
    And be sure the Security List is sorted by the Security name (click column headers to sort by column)
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dennism76 said:
    I am trying to add a new stock purchase to my account. I get the add a security screen and then I complete the fields and when I complete all the fields and hit the done key, the new security is not added to the account.
    This is normal. Adding a stock to the security list will never add it to an account. You must Buy or Add shares in the account.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• wkwallst
    wkwallst Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same and have tried every thing mentioned in forums.

I have bought the stock but cannot get it to add to Quicken

I am using v50.16 27.1.50.16

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what version …. Starter - Deluxe - Premier - H&B

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• wkwallst
    wkwallst Member ✭✭
    Options

Premier subscription win10

• Jim_Harman
    edited July 2023
    Options

Ok, go to Tools > Security list and check the Show Hidden securities box. Is your new security listed?

If so, what is the security type?

If the Type is Market Index, that would explain why you can't purchase it. If it is an index fund or ETF, you should change the Type to Mutual fund.

If the security is not listed in the Security list, click on Add security and add it.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah … what is the security symbol ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.