Quicken does not synchronise between two PC's

Options
I was expecting that my Quicken online subscription would automatically synchronise between my two PC's, but this does not seem to be the case.
Am I doing something wrong? I use the same password for both PC's.
TIA, Thomas

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Sorry @Astore but Quicken does not have that capability. 
    You could transfer your Quicken data file back and forth between the two PCs but that is not really synchronizing. 
    Another option you could use is to select one PC to be your main one for Quicken and then set up Quicken on the Web functionality with it.  Then you could access the Web account from your other PC or any other PC that has Internet access.  Changes to the Web content will update your main data file the next time you use that main data file.  Quicken on the Web does not have all the features and capabilities of the PC-based program but maybe it would meet your needs.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Hello @Astore

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue and for the confusion. Your Quicken subscription allows the installation of the software on several devices. However, the information is not synced automatically between the different devices. For instance, if you make changes within your data set on one device, it will not be automatically reflected on the other. If you would like to transfer the data file to different devices we recommend using a Cloud storage service (Dropbox, One Drive, iCloud, etc). 

For instructions on transferring your data set(s) from one device to another click here

Hope this provides clarity. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Astore
    Astore Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for your swift reply. That’s a shame, so this version is not any better than the 2013 version I used. I used to restore a back up copy between the two Pc’s which is pretty straightforward. I also expected that Quicken would work on my iPad, but the app is not available in Europe, I’m probably a second class client for Quicken.
    Thanks for the help, Thomas
  • Astore
    Astore Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Paoloma, thanks for your reply. Yes, that’s exactly what I always did (via my OneDrive). No need to sell me a new Quicken version for that.
    Best, Thomas
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Astore said:
    Hi, Thanks for your swift reply. That’s a shame, so this version is not any better than the 2013 version I used. I used to restore a back up copy between the two Pc’s which is pretty straightforward. I also expected that Quicken would work on my iPad, but the app is not available in Europe, I’m probably a second class client for Quicken.
    Thanks for the help, Thomas
    Have you looked into using the Quicken on the Web feature that I mentioned above?  It is a standard feature option (no additional cost) and it can be accessed by any device that can access the Internet with a browser.  You might want to review the following Support articles:

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just a comment about using QMobile or Q-Web, they only work if your subscription to Quicken is active.  Since you seem to have upgraded from 2013 only recently, you must not rely on the online banking features and might not renew your subscription, if you don't, QMobile and Q-Web will not work.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Astore
    Astore Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi, yes I looked at the web version. However Quicken wants me to sell that service for another 35$/year on top of the 79$ for the PC version. I don’t see much use in that option, since you also observed that one does not have the same functionality as the stand alone version. Best, Thomas
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Astore said:
    Hi, yes I looked at the web version. However Quicken wants me to sell that service for another 35$/year on top of the 79$ for the PC version. I don’t see much use in that option, since you also observed that one does not have the same functionality as the stand alone version. Best, Thomas
    Don't know what you are referring to.  QMobile and Q-Web both come free with a Quicken subscription (all editions).  There is NO CHARGE to use them.  Post a link to what you are seeing for $35/yr.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Astore said:
    There is no additional cost for Quicken on the Web.  It is an optional no-cost feature of your Quicken subscription PC-based program. 
    Maybe you are confusing Quicken on the Web with Simplifi?  Simplifi is a totally different Quicken subscription service for a web-based program that is not linked at all to your Quicken PC-based program.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited August 2021
    Options
    As noted by @splasher I should have also mentioned that your PC-based Quicken subscription also includes a free Quicken Mobile feature that might be a good option for you (in addition to or instead of Quicken on the Web).
    Both Quicken on the Web and Quicken Mobile are considered to be no-cost online services of your PC-based Quicken subscription.  As noted by @splasher , If you do not renew the subscription when it expires you will lose the ability to use both of these services.

• Astore
    Astore Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for all the help. I’m not very fast with these things. When on my iPad I log in on Quicken.com they send me to some “simplifi by Quicken” app and then propose me a 35$ subscription. Can you direct me to where on the web I can access the Quicken service you refer to. TIA, Thomas
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Astore
    Astore Member ✭✭
    Options
    Greg, thanks, found it now. Thomas
This discussion has been closed.