Editing a Range of Multiple Transactions to Delete Assigned Categories?

Options
Any way to delete assigned categories in selected multiple transactions together in Quicken 35.26? Tried using "Edit" and from "Edit" in Reports. I think it was possible to enter a space in the "Replace With" edit category box in the past few months and Quicken then allowed me to delete the assigned categories on the selected multiple transactions.
Appreciate any help on this.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No way that I am aware of, but why not change them in small groups to what you eventually want them to be or is there some reason that you want them to be "uncategorized".

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Recategorize the transactions to a new category named "DeleteMe". Once all the transactions have been recategorized, delete the category. The transactions will become uncategorized.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not sure why a space doesn't work for you, it works for me.

Note I don't think it matters, but I started with selecting transactions in the register and then right clicking and selecting "Edit Transaction(s)".
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    I'm not sure why a space doesn't work for you, it works for me.

Note I don't think it matters, but I started with selecting transactions in the register and then right clicking and selecting "Edit Transaction(s)".
    I just did the same experiment.
    And no, it doesn't work.
    At the point in time you captured the image, the popup is still active and waiting for you to click on a category name in the popup to finish the selection process.
    Clicking Replace All / Replace Selected while the popup is still active doesn't do anything. The transactions do not get changed.
    @Rocket J Squirrel 's suggestion about the DeleteMe category above seems to be the only workaround (even though I haven't tested that).
    With Quicken being a little insistent on having all transactions categorized, I do wonder why one would want to remove the category from a selected group of transactions.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @UKR you are correct, I didn't push the button, once I did it didn't do the replacement.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/