Cenlar

Error
"Quicken cannot connect to this account"

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Chugs67

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you I need more information. For instance, what is the official name of your financial institution? What connection method are you using? Is this occurring in a backup? Lastly, how long has this issue been persisting? 

To check the connection method being used first select the account in question then, Settings >Downloads. 

Please provide further detail so that we may move forward in diagnosing this issue. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • ExOCBoy
    ExOCBoy Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same issue. The financial institution is Cenlar (also shows up as Cenlar FSB). It's a home mortgage account and it has stopped connecting. It's been about a week. Also tried setting it up again new, but while the bank shows up as a choice to create a new mortgage account, it won't connect.
  • Chugs67
    Chugs67 Unconfirmed
    Cenlar, Quicken Connect, 
  • D'Anna Stuart Keinan
    edited September 2021
    I have been having this problem for about a week. I called Quicken support and they said it was a known problem. That Cenlar changed something with their logon that caused the problem. I was told quicken and Cenlar are working through the problem. [Removed- Unhelpful/Disruptive].
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Chugs67

Thank you for your response. Since at this time I do not see an alert specifically for Cenlar, I would recommend creating a test file. In doing this we are able to get a better sense of where the issue is stemming from. 

To create a test file select File >New >Start from scratch. Label the file name as "test", save it to your local hard drive and attempt to add your account(s) from Cenlar. If the issue persists in the test file please contact Quicken Support. An agent will be able to review the logs and escalate this as needed since you are using the method Quicken Connect. 

To contact Quicken Support please click here

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • I'm having the same issue with connecting to Cenlar recently. This seems to have started about a month or so ago.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @mminitti

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. With the amount of time you've been experiencing the issue I would recommend  contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• ExOCBoy
    ExOCBoy Member ✭✭
    I just spent an hour with Quicken Support (chat) and they sent me back here to monitor any updates. ... ugh ...
  • I am having this same issue. I am new to Quicken
    Have been trying to newly add a Cenlar FSB account and has said all week to try again later.
    I have been trying all week. It is time consuming and irritating.
    What gives?
    What's the solution Quicken?
  • ExOCBoy
    ExOCBoy Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    [Removed-Disruptive] Long time user, but now seriously thinking about ditching them.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    ExOCBoy said:
    Quicken really sucks. Long time user, but now seriously thinking about ditching them.
    How do you know the problem isn't on Cenlar's end? Have you talked to Cenlar support? The comments above in this thread indicate it was a known issue, and unfortunately neither party typically tells users when to expect it to be fixed. For many financial institutions, fixing connectivity with Quicken is a very low priority. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Dennis B
    Dennis B Member ✭✭
    CANNOT CONNECT TO CENLAR.....problem has persisted for over a month. There does not seem to be any rush to fix this.....HELP Please
  • Kathy9
    Kathy9 Member ✭✭
    I agree that this has been a problem for quite a while. I was asked by Cenlar to change my password and after I did Quicken could not download Cenlar as an account or as a biller. I can access the Cenlar website and app using the new password but there is a problem with the Quicken access. Quicken can’t access using either the old or the new password.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Everyone,

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize for the delayed response and the persisting issues. I was able to recreate a similar error when attempting to connect/add Cenlar. I would highly recommend contacting Quicken Support. An agent will collect log files and escalate as needed. Your patience is appreciated. 

To contact Quicken Support please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Hope this helps, for the time being, please let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Kathy9
    Kathy9 Member ✭✭
    Hi @Quicken Paloma. Is there any chance you could report this problem since you experienced it too? I ask because it’s a gut-wrencher to call or chat with Support. Time consuming and frustrating.

Thanks.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Kathy9

Thank you for your response. I have gone ahead and notified my higher-up (s) of this issue and it is currently being looked at. Although I did suggest contacting support to have the log files uploaded since it aids in the investigation of the issue. While I am able to recreate the issue, I do not have the additional backlogged data. If you would like to upload your log files that would be most helpful even though it may be time-consuming, which is understandable. 

Again I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused. Your patience is appreciated. I will do my best to do continuous updates on this post. 

Hope this provides clarification. Please let us know of any other questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Kathy9
    Kathy9 Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I appreciate it.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Everyone

This issue has been escalated and we are currently working with our service provider to solve this issue. There is no ETA at the moment but I will provide any updates as I have them. Thank you for your patience as this issue is being worked on. 

Let us know of any other issues, questions, or concerns. 

CTP-2692

-Quicken Paloma 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For whatever it's worth ... I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage account for downloading. Set up the loan as a manual (offline) loan account, not connected for transaction downloading.
    Set up the monthly payment as a Scheduled Reminder Transaction in your checking account, with transfer of Principal to the loan account register. Record this scheduled transaction a day or two before due date.
    Access the mortgage company website and authorize them to directly debit your checking account on Due Date. This process usually is known as Autopay and makes the mortgage company do all the work collecting your money on time.
  • Kathy9
    Kathy9 Member ✭✭
    Hello @UKR. That's basically what it's come down to with Cenlar. It shouldn't have to be that way. The point of having Quicken is to make life easier. Every month I run into a different problem. This month it's Cenlar. Last month Chase was requesting password verification with almost every update. Quicken is great when it works, but not so great when there are interface problems between Quicken and billers.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I know. Theoretically it should work just fine. But, if you review all the discussions going on here in the Community, you will find that it doesn't work that way.
    Instead of fighting windmills every month, just trying to squeeze a payment through the system on time, I have chosen the easy way out. I use Autopay for practically all my recurring payments and have been successful in doing so for many years. That saved me many a gray hair.
  • Chugs67
    Chugs67 Unconfirmed
    edited September 2021
    Kathy9, I agree with you.   We purchased the software to use it and to make things automatic and not have to do things manually.  That was the purpose. [removed - disruptive/off-topic/no solicitation]
  • As of 30 September is there an update on the Cenlar connectivity issue?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @dscaputo

We do currently have an alert out for a large amount of loan FI's having trouble with Quicken. Any updates that happen are posted there as well. I'll leave a link down below with the alert.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899473/ongoing-9-28-21-mortgage-accounts-cc-501-or-ccclient-203#latest

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • grezes71
    grezes71 Member ✭✭
    I was told by Cenlar support that they "are no longer compatible with third parties like Mint and Quicken." This is very disappointing. Maybe Quicken, Cenlar, and the other loan agencies are in negotiations behind the scenes and this will be restored soon.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There is no negotiating. If Cenlar has made a business decision to discontinue support of third party applications like Quicken, there is nothing Quicken can or will do. Cenlar customers need to lobby the company to reverse their decision and to support Quicken.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Scamp66
    Scamp66 Member
    I wish progress had been made on this problem. I guess I have to delete the account and rebuild it with manual entries. Should not have to do this in 2021!
This discussion has been closed.