Billminder XG

How can I contact Quicken for an answer to my problem, I posted on the Community but no response.
I realise my Version is old 2004 XG R2 UK BUR surely Quicken knows the answer?

My question is

Billminder is showing reminders for my current file (QDF) and another QDF file I opened once when looking for earlier data. I have checked the Billminder ini file but this doesn't show which QDF file it is using.

So, simply how does Billminder know which QDF file to use?

Thank you

Chris
Tagged:

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sorry you didn't get an answer.
    I found the following in my notes ... perhaps it helps solve your issue ...

Billminder problems

While Quicken and Billminder are closed, delete (or rename) this file:
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken\Data\qw.rmd
    or
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Quicken\Data\qw.rmd
    depending on your Quicken version.
    Next time you start Quicken the file will be recreated.
    If you are using Windows File Explorer to search for this file you may need to enable "show hidden files".

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Sorry you didn't get an answer.
    I found the following in my notes ... perhaps it helps solve your issue ...

Billminder problems

While Quicken and Billminder are closed, delete (or rename) this file:
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken\Data\qw.rmd
    or
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Quicken\Data\qw.rmd
    depending on your Quicken version.
    Next time you start Quicken the file will be recreated.
    If you are using Windows File Explorer to search for this file you may need to enable "show hidden files".

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I never have used billminder so this is just a wild guess, I have a feeling it simply opens the last Quicken data file that was opened in Quicken.  Just like the fact that if you start Quicken without any data file on the command line it will open the last one.  I'm pretty such that is the way the scheduled downloading works, so they might work the same.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • CougarGB
    CougarGB Member ✭✭
    @ukr Thanks for this, eventually found the file in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken2004)

I have to close down for the evening (19:21 BST) but will check in the morning B)
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    In the US version, the Billminder uses the QW.RMD file the Quicken program maintains within the user's hidden AppData\Roaming folder.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that a "data/configuration" file is in C:\Program Files (x86) is problematic for any operating system since Windows 7.  Because of viruses Windows wants a clear separation between the program and its data/configuration files.  As such C:\Program Files (x86) has special permissions on it to block writing to it except in privilege mode normal reserved for installing programs. 
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    It seems that Billminder doesn't even use the QDF file (directly).

Here is a comment from someone that sent me a message on it.

Billminder XG 
    Found at:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7899014/billminder-xg

The original poster asks: "So, simply how does Billminder know which QDF file to use?" 
    Quicken updates the qw.rmd file each time the user exits Quicken (or opens another file Quicken file). 
    So Billminder doesn't need to know anything about "which QDF file to use":
    it doesn't "use" any Quicken file. Billminder just opens qw.rmd and displays all the reminders Quicken put there - those reminders include the name of their source QDF file. 
    When Billminder displays the reminders, it groups them by their source QDF file; with the name of each QDF file listed )alongside the first reminder from that file) in the column labelled "File". 
    When qw.rmd is deleted, Quicken just starts over, creating a new qw.rmd file the next time the user exits a Quicken file.

Signature:
  • CougarGB
    CougarGB Member ✭✭
    > @CougarGB said:
    > @ukr Thanks for this, eventually found the file in (C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken2004)
    >
    > I have to close down for the evening (19:21 BST) but will check in the morning B)

Thanks that did the trick B)
This discussion has been closed.