Duplicate Transaction Download Issue [Edited]

Options
In the past few weeks, I've noticed that Bank of America, Direct Connect, has been downloading duplicates of my American Express transactions. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting Amex several times and I still get the issue.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you get duplicate transactions downloaded, are you manually deleting those duplicates?
    After manually deleting those transactions, when you next download from BoA are duplicates being downloaded, again?
    Or is it that duplicates are being downloaded only after you have disconnected/reconnected your Amex card?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• gregneg
    gregneg Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I find that anytime an account download setup changes ("fixed", revised by you or "them", disconnected/ reconnected-- whatever) I get duplicates ---- how far back depends on the account.

Anyway, my work-around has been to insure that the "CLR" column is displayed for the accounts (via "columns" next to "settings" at the bottom right of my screen-- Mac, not sure what Win looks like).

Then I click on the CLR heading to group the transactions according to cleared status.  That makes it easy to select the duplicate downloads and delete the entire mess ---- with the caveat of check the dates --- you might want to actually verify the really recent ones.

27" iMac 5K OS Ventura Quicken user since it was just a check register.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I've found that resetting an account does not usually cause duplicates...sometimes, yes, but not usually.
    Disconnecting/reconnecting (more commonly referred to in this Community as deactivating/reactivating) is more likely to cause duplicates. 
    And, if the Financial Institution changes something then it is much more likely that duplicates will occur. 
    Quicken is designed to "remember" what has been downloaded in the past so when new downloads occur the ones that were previously entered are ignored and we then don't get duplicates.  But when the link is broken and when a new download then occurs, Quicken does not correlate the new download with the previously downloaded transactions and then we get duplicates.
    The reason I asked the question is that I was trying to understand what might be causing duplicates in @Ken72 's situation. I might not be able to help a QM user resolve this issue since my area of expertise is with QW but it might make it easier for someone with QM expertise to engage.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @Ken72

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you I need a bit more information, specifically a screenshot. Having a screenshot of the FITID would be helpful to pinpoint where the issue is coming from. 

To view the FITID you will need to add this column. This can be done by selecting Columns (bottom right corner) >FITID. 

For instructions on attaching a screenshot please click here. Please note that you may need to drag the image file into the response box. 

Additionally, if you have not already, you may visit the FAQ help article linked below regarding duplicate issues on Quicken for Mac. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/duplicate-transactions-or-accounts-downloaded-quicken-mac

Hope this helps. Please let us know of any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
This discussion has been closed.