How to add another account at Wealthscape Investor?

Options
I have 3 accounts at Wealthscape Investor. Two (IRA and brokerage) are set up for download to Quicken for Mac. I keep trying to add the third (Roth), and it just shows the two existing accounts.
Is it correct that I DON'T have to set up the account in Quicken first?
Is there any problem that I tried to do this once before and deleted that account -- does either Quicken or Wealthscape need to be re-set for me to download again?
Or is this a Wealthscape issue?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @peggypricetx

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues adding accounts to wealthscape. It seems that it can be difficult to add the accounts to Quicken. I'd recommend looking at this post from other users who also had similar issues with wealthscape to see if it might help.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7897383/wealthscape-investor-download-setup-in-quicken

If you're able to get your accounts connected please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• peggypricetx
    peggypricetx Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had already looked through those notes before posting. It still doesn't access the third account. Should there be a re-set of some sort from Wealthscape? Any other ideas?
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @peggypricetx

Thanks for the update. That is interesting. I'm wondering if you were to try in a test file if we would see the third account is added. You can do this by going across the top to File > New > start from scratch > default categories > don't sync to mobile and web. 

Once you've made the file try adding your Wealthscape accounts. Depending on what you're able to find we'll see what steps our next steps will be. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • peggypricetx
    peggypricetx Member ✭✭
    Options
    I tried that and it told me there were no other accounts at Wealthscape to download even as I was asking for the one that wasn't downloaded already. Now, how do I delete that extra Quicken you suggested I create as a test? I can't find a delete anywhere.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @peggypricetx,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Now, how do I delete that extra Quicken you suggested I create as a test? I can't find a delete anywhere.
    To delete the test file, first please make sure you have already switched back to your original data file.

By default, Quicken data files and backup files get saved in the Hidden Library. You can access that through the following navigation described below.
    1. Open Finder 
    2. Hold Option on your keyboard 
    3. Click on the Go menu at the top of your screen
    4. Select Library in the dropdown while holding still holding Option on your keyboard (you can let go of Option once the Hidden Library opens)
    5. Open the folder called Application Support
    6. Open the folder called Quicken
    7. Open the Documents Folder
    In this Documents folder, you should find the test file you created. To delete it; simply drag and drop the file to your Trash.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By default, Quicken data files and backup files get saved in the Hidden Library. You can access that through the following navigation described below.
    1. Open Finder 
    2. Hold Option on your keyboard 
    3. Click on the Go menu at the top of your screen
    4. Select Library in the dropdown while holding still holding Option on your keyboard (you can let go of Option once the Hidden Library opens)
    5. Open the folder called Application Support
    6. Open the folder called Quicken
    7. Open the Documents Folder
    Note: there is a shortcut in Quicken that accomplishes the above navigation with just two clicks: 

With Quicken open, click on the (red) Q icon in the upper right corner of the main window. Then click on Show in Finder in the menu that pops up.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
This discussion has been closed.