ISRG - stock split - 10/5/21

Options
Ps56k2
Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2021 in Investing (Windows)
Just downloaded my Schwab - and noticed that ISRG split - in a 3 for 1 -
ISRG
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc.... the robotic surgery assistant
Schwab downloaded the usual ADD SHARES vs the actual Stock Split.
So... in Quicken -
1 - Deleted the Add Shares transaction
2 - Created the Stock Split transaction

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did he price history come out right or was it out of sync as it sometimes is?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    just looked - and the ISRG historical Quicken pricing for the past week was reflecting the Split -
    as usual... BEFORE it happened.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's typically what you see in these cases.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was you price history up to date before 'today'? 
    That is, as of last night would the prices have been in the $1000 range for 9/29 to 10/4? 
    Did prices for those four dates get overwritten or were the lower prices filling in blanks?
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, so I sold my ISRG some time ago, but I now (today) added it to my watch list and downloaded historical prices for the last year.  They came through in the $1000 range through yesterday and $330 area for today.  

Toggling the Split-adjust box on the security detail view shows the effect of the split today.  That is, everything is behaving correctly even though there is no transaction list record of the 3:1 split today.  The news stories I see speak about the split being effective today.  

Now the next test -- Download quotes (not historical) -- And there is the problem.  NOW I have the lower prices shown for the 9/29 to 10/4 dates matching @Ps56k2 ' s data.  The Download Quotes data supplier has overridden 4 day of good values (not split adjusted) with bad data (split adjusted),  Prices for those 4 days now need to be manually adjusted back to their prior (non adjusted) values.  Once I manually entered the correct information, a subsequent Download Quotes did not alter my manual entries.  

It is well known that the 'daily' quotes supplier is filling in up to 5 days of recent prices.  I am curious what price that source would have shown last night.  
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Don't know on the prices before the split - just noticed the split today, so was not looking -
    but open a backup and take a look from 10/1 -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As @NotACPA pointed out on another Stock Split discussion thread.... it may be retroactive to the declared window...

Subject to stockholder approval of the Amendment to the Certificate of Incorporation, each Intuitive stockholder of record at the close of business on the record date of September 27, 2021, will receive two additional shares for every one share held on the record date, and trading is expected to begin on a split-adjusted basis on October 5, 2021.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10