Problems with Huntington Bank downloads

Matthew42
Matthew42 Member ✭✭
Just got moved over to Huntington from TCF and I cannot get Quicken to download (it worked once). I keep getting CC-508 errors claiming that the website has a new page or popup window that needs a response but I don't see one when I log in with firefox.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Matthew42,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-508.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Matthew42

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties updating your Quicken account(s). A CC-508 indicates that you either need to accept/bypass a new pop-up on your bank's website. This could mean accepting new terms and conditions, a privacy agreement, or even a special offer. However, if this issue persists there are other troubleshooting steps we can take. Could you let us know what version of Windows you are running (7, 8, or 10)?

Please elaborate so that we may move forward in diagnosing and troubleshooting this issue as needed. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Matthew42
    Matthew42 Member ✭✭
    I'm running Windows 10

As I'd mentioned, when logging into the bank via a web browser there was no popup, but Quicken still errors out. One other detail is that Huntington sends a notice that an unregistered device is trying to log into my account when Quicken tries to connect -- this doesn't happen anymore from the browser.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Matthew42

Thank you for your response. This is an interesting detail. Could you let us know what connection method you are using? Also, is this occurring for one account or multiple?

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Matthew42
    Matthew42 Member ✭✭
    I have only one account. It's updating using Express Web Connect
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Matthew42

Since you are using Express Web Connect I would recommend de/reactivating the account. Before you begin the process please ensure that you have saved a backup. 

For instructions on de/reactivating your account please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-and-reactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

When you have a moment to try the steps above, let us know how it went!
  • Matthew42
    Matthew42 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2021
    No joy.
    I tried resetting the connection first. This failed with a CC-508 error and also, oddly deleted my online account information from the account. No real loss there since my next step was to deactivate but odd.

After restarting and trying to activate online services I still got the same CC-508 error. At all points if I login via the browser (Firefox) there are no new popups or 2-factor security requests. But when trying to connect with Quicken I get 2-factor requests followed by a CC-508 error.

As a test I logged in via Edge instead of Firefox and also got a 2-factor request followed by a security question prompt with the option to trust my device. Is there a particular browser I should use to log in to their site to tell it this is a trusted private device that will look to them the same as Quicken will? It feels like they recognize me in Firefox but not in Quicken.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @Matthew42

Thank you for your response and the additional details. Could you attempt the following troubleshooting steps? 
    1. Close Quicken.
    2. Clear Internet History & Cookies.  
      1. Click the Start button and select Control Panel. In Windows 10, the Control Panel is located in the Windows System folder in the Start menu.
      2. Select Network and Internet > Internet Options.
      3. Click Delete.
      4. Make sure there is a check next to Temporary Internet Files. The other checkmarks are optional.
      5. Click Delete.
      6. Then click OK when done.
    3. Log into your financial institution's website and accept Cookies and any security measures, as requested by the site.
    4. Open Quicken and try your update again.
    When you have a moment please attempt to steps and let us know how it goes!
    I would attempt to use the Google Chrome browser if you have it available. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Matthew42
    Matthew42 Member ✭✭
    No joy.

I closed quicken, cleared my Temporary Internet Files, and logged into Huntington from Chrome as suggested. I got a 2-factor request from Huntington and then a security question and marked that this is a trusted device.

Huntington now recognizes my computer without any additional 2-factor code or security question prompts now using Firefox, Edge, and Chrome. But when I try to add my account in Quicken it sends a 2-factor code and then gives me the CC-508 error that there's another popup. The bank simply does not recognize that Quicken is the same device. My supposition is that it's sending a security question to Quicken as though Quicken is just another browser - but that Quicken isn't capable of passing along to me.
  • WiseAcres
    WiseAcres Member
    I'm joining this thread with the same issues, completely. There is no improvement with either resetting or deactivating/reactivating the account, and logging in to the account from Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer did ask for 2-factor authentication and show an initial popup. After accepting in each browser there are no longer 2-factor authentication requests and no pop-ups.

I agree with @Matthew42 in that it looks like it thinks Quicken is simply another browser that does not (yet) trust Quicken's server.

I am using a Quicken Windows subscription (all updated) on Windows 10.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @WiseAcres and @Matthew42

Thank you for the response and additional detail. Since the issue is still persisting and two-factor authentication is needed I would highly recommend contacting your financial institution. In addition, I have sent each one of you a message regarding specific account information. 

When you have a moment please check your inbox. 

Thanks!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • PL21046
    PL21046 Unconfirmed, Member
    I was having the exact same problem with Huntington Bank, starting mid September 2022. CC-508 error code and an endless loop of signing into Huntington Bank with no indication of a new popup or window as indicated in the error. I found the answer on the Huntington website under Profile > Financial Management Tools Access > Allow third party...> change to on, then save. I don't know when Huntington added this or when they started enforcing it, but it may relate to their requirement for 2 factor authentication.
This discussion has been closed.