Converting an account from Suntrust to Truist

Boca Rat
Boca Rat Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
How do you change the bank associated with an account after a banking merger? Suntrust and BB&T merged to become Truist, so how do I setup downloads from Truist for an account that is linked to Suntrust?

Thx

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Boca Rat,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

To change the financial institution for the account(s), I suggest that you deactivate the account(s) from Online Services, then reactivate and connect the account(s) to Truist Bank upon reactivation.

If needed, please refer to this support article for deactivation and reactivation instructions.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Boca Rat
    Boca Rat Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    Thanks but that doesn't work - when I click Setup Now I get prompted to enter username/password for Suntrust. There is no list of financial institutions. So I went back to the main account details tab and changed the institution from Suntrust to Truist, tried again and it worked!
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you found a solution that worked for you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• gawws
    gawws Member ✭✭
    Changing the institution from Suntrust to Truist worked for me as well, but that process changed the opening balance of the account. Same result with another account. How could that happen? It scares me that the Quicken software would allow this.
This discussion has been closed.