Download of multiple accounts

Options
I have 2 Roth IRAs - one with Vanguard and the other with TD Ameritrade. I have a Roth IRA account in Quicken under Investing. How do I download transactions from Vanguard and TDA to the same Roth IRA Investing account? I prefer not to have 2 separate accounts.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you have two Roth IRAs, you should have two Roth IRA registers in Quicken.

If you really want have only one Roth IRA register in Quicken for both Roth IRAs, you may maintain the one register manually.  If you want to import transactions from different financial institutions into one register, you may switch the Online Services of the register between the accounts at the financial institutions.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want to see everything as if it is in one account, you can do that using the portfolio.  Maintaining the two accounts in a single manual Quicken account will be labor intensive.  Switching the Online Services back and forth to be able to download will get old real quick and hopefully it won't cause you to have to deal with duplicates.
    You really should mimic real life, two separate accounts in the real world and two separate accounts in Quicken using the Portfolio view to see them combined.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• kashg
    kashg Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions. I have had both in one account. In the past I could switch online services and get all the transactions. Now Quicken messes up and misses several transactions. TDA is not friendly as it has no means of downloading directly from their website to Quicken unlike Vanguard.