Golden 1 Credit Union New System - Not updating

Options

Comments

• Boobndoob
    Boobndoob Member ✭✭
    Options
    My G1 Visa account updated again today, all other accounts remain offline. Sounds to me that whatever problem is being experienced is similar to the problem we had with our Visa accounts some months ago. One would think that those responsible for the updated online apps would have learned from that
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    PMW said:
    I received an email from Golden 1 member services, in response to an email asking, basically, what gives. They said:

“With the new upgrade to our Online and Mobile Banking, connectivity to Quicken was temporarily disrupted. We are currently working with Quicken directly to find a solution. We anticipate the issue to be resolved shortly and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may experience in the interim.”
    As I surmised.  They indeed are working towards a fix.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    We shall see.....just wonder how long it will take.... Thanks for update...
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks  They never did respond to my messages...
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    FYI  Just received  this reply from Golden 1......"At this time, Quicken is not working but there is a temporary work around.  Transactions can be exported on the website then all data can be imported into the Quicken software [via Web Connect]. Members are able to do this there is a resolution for the direct connect to Quicken."  "Our Digital Banking Team is working diligently to resolve any issues as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience!"  
  • PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    Options
    This morning I am able to set up Quicken Connect for all of my Golden 1 accounts again. I had to go in and reset the connection for the accounts so they were no longer linked to “zzz-Golden 1 Credit Union.” There is a new “Golden 1 Credit Union” listing (without the “zzz”) in the institutions to connect.
  • PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    Options
    I should add that although my equity line appears to be connecting, it isn’t actually downloading the most recent transactions. So that is still partly broken.
  • Houstee
    Houstee Member ✭✭
    Options
    I still get the same error I have been getting since Golden 1 did their system upgrade. When trying to reset checking, savings, etc. accounts. it says "Quicken could not complete the account reset."
  • Boobndoob
    Boobndoob Member ✭✭
    Options
    My G1 Visa and associated savings accounts updated today, those are associated with my wife's old G1 account. Our joint accounts still are not updating. The difference may be that I reset the joint accounts, and then when that didn't work I subsequently deactivated them. When I re-established 1-Step update, I noticed that they were set up as "Direct Connect" accounts, which is a feature that the G1 no longer supports. The Visa accounts use Web Connect, and perhaps that's why they are now working. Is there a way to manually change an account from Direct Connect to Web Connect? I Can't find any menu or setup option for that
  • Boobndoob
    Boobndoob Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @PMW said:
    > This morning I am able to set up Quicken Connect for all of my Golden 1 accounts again. I had to go in and reset the connection for the accounts so they were no longer linked to “zzz-Golden 1 Credit Union.” There is a new “Golden 1 Credit Union” listing (without the “zzz”) in the institutions to connect

How did you reset the connection to the correct G1 listing? When I attempt to edit my 1-Step update settings, clicking the "Reset Connection" button seems to do nothing
  • kbraccia
    kbraccia Member
    Options
    I did a 'change connection type' today on one of my Golden One accounts in Quicken. It prompted me for my user name and password after which it found all of my Golden One accounts, linked them and then all the transactions were successfully downloaded!
  • Doug L.
    Doug L. Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @kbraccia said:
    > I did a 'change connection type' today on one of my Golden One accounts in Quicken. It prompted me for my user name and password after which it found all of my Golden One accounts, linked them and then all the transactions were successfully downloaded!

I did this and yes, it allowed me to connect for the first time since the update. However, it only downloaded the past few months worth of transactions for each G1 account, and in a separate file for each. Now my register shows 2 checking, 2 savings, etc. - one of each that is not reconciled and one of each that shows a few months worth of cleared transactions. So it looks like I'm close and it may be user error causing this? Anyone else?
  • Boobndoob
    Boobndoob Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Doug L. said:
    > > @kbraccia said:
    > > I did a 'change connection type' today on one of my Golden One accounts in Quicken. It prompted me for my user name and password after which it found all of my Golden One accounts, linked them and then all the transactions were successfully downloaded!
    >
    > I did this and yes, it allowed me to connect for the first time since the update. However, it only downloaded the past few months worth of transactions for each G1 account, and in a separate file for each. Now my register shows 2 checking, 2 savings, etc. - one of each that is not reconciled and one of each that shows a few months worth of cleared transactions. So it looks like I'm close and it may be user error causing this? Anyone else?

How did you change the connection type? I don't see any way to do that. Thanks for any detail you can provide
  • RSM2000
    RSM2000 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I was able to get the one-step update working again by deactivating a single Golden1 account, then manually exporting a data file in Quicken (.QFX) format to my desktop for that single deactivated account. 

Double-click on the exported file and Quicken will open (if it isn't already).  A dialog box should open asking if you want to change the connection type from "Direct Connect" (Manual download as I am describing here) to "Express Web Connect"

Click YES and then enter your Golden 1 user name and password. 

Then you will be asked to enter your One-Step Update password. 

You will see a spinning circle for quite a little bit while the system is looking up all your Golden 1 accounts.  You will be asked which accounts to activate. 

If for some reason any of your existing accounts do not show up, deactivate them,  then repeat the process I'm describing here one more time.  Note that deactivating is NOT deleting the account!!

After you have deactivated all your existing G1 accounts, they should appear in the list of accounts you want to allow one-step update for. 

Gold Jerry, GOLD!  This was resolved much faster than I expected.  BTW, a coincidental occurrence - NEW VERSION of Quicken downloaded and installed this morning.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I was able to change connection and link all my accounts (checking, savings, CD's, VISA, and Line of Credit.... It set-up a few duplicate accounts with only recent entries... that were originally zzzGolden1 -  Corrected and Set links proper accounts. and deleted the duplicates...all seems to be working now...EXCEPT for Line of Credit... Have not been able to link to get updated entries yet?
  • Doug L.
    Doug L. Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Boobndoob said:
    > > @"Doug L." said:
    > > > @kbraccia said:
    > > > I did a 'change connection type' today on one of my Golden One accounts in Quicken. It prompted me for my user name and password after which it found all of my Golden One accounts, linked them and then all the transactions were successfully downloaded!
    > >
    > > I did this and yes, it allowed me to connect for the first time since the update. However, it only downloaded the past few months worth of transactions for each G1 account, and in a separate file for each. Now my register shows 2 checking, 2 savings, etc. - one of each that is not reconciled and one of each that shows a few months worth of cleared transactions. So it looks like I'm close and it may be user error causing this? Anyone else?
    >
    > How did you change the connection type? I don't see any way to do that. Thanks for any detail you can provide

I appear to be up and running! Here's what I did:

Right clicked on one of my G1 accounts in the Quicken window
    Selected “edit (name of account) settings”

I can’t replicate the exact steps since I am now connected, but it prompted me for the bank name, and after selecting G1, account number and password. It searched and found my 3 accounts.

The first time (re: my comments above regarding duplicate accounts), I didn’t notice the option to either add the new data to an existing account (file? Like “checking”) or create new. The default was “new”. Did it again and selected add to (select existing name for each account in my quicken window) and it all worked!
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It looks like my Line of Credit was set up as a credit card....Linking would only set-up 'new' equity loan and put in "Debt" instead linking to credit card resulting in a duplicate Line of Equity with no history?  ..I had to change link setting to 'Liability' instead of 'Loan' to show my credit card Equity account in order to properly link..   All is working now...
  • Jazzycat
    Jazzycat Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still not working for me. Getting the same error message on my PC "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)". On my MacBook I didn't get an error but nothing happened. I did a reset of my connection and it downloaded transactions that I had already entered by exporting my data to the .QFX file and uploading that file into quicken. I do have new transactions out there that posted today but those didn't download.
  • jefmes
    jefmes Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I would recommend waiting until we get official word of a fix. You might be able kludge around the problem right now, but if you're like me and have years of transactions and you just want to reassociate the "new" Golden 1 institution with the existing account, it's clear they still have work to do. One thing I found that I'd recommend, delete the zzz-Golden 1 Credit Union entry in the Account Information. When that's blank, it triggers the re-enabling of the online service connection to prompt for the "Financial Institution." Once the problem is correctly fixed, we should be able to find Golden 1 in the institution list and reconnect as expected, and those fields will fill back in correctly.

Also FWIW, no I'm not on a Mac :smile:  But the problem is consistent on all platforms.

• Houstee
    Houstee Member ✭✭
    Options
    The connection still seems to be broken and I can't get any transactions to download by trying everything listed above. All you have to do is test this by going to Tools/Add Account and then search for Golden 1 as if you were a new user. Click next and you will immediately get an error stating "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)". So anyone wanting to add Golden 1 to Quicken as a new user would not be able to. If basic function is not working, then there is still a problem.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank to everyone for sharing your feedback and comments.  We're glad to hear that some of you were able to re-establish connections, but apologize that some are still unable to add/update accounts with Golden 1 Credit Union.

Our teams continue to work to resolve the escalated ticket with our service providers, however, there is a new entry in the list of Financial Institutions that some Users have experienced success with.

If you have deactivated your Golden 1 CU accounts and haven't already, please go to the Tools menu in Quicken and select "Add Account".  In the Add Account window, enter "Golden FCU" in the search bar and select the entry for "Golden FCU" from the list displayed.

Once the login credentials have been entered, do you receive the same or a different error?  Or are you able to link to the existing accounts in Quicken and successfully update your transactions?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Houstee
    Houstee Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Sarah. That worked for me. Thanks! But will this be a correct account association in the future or after G1/Quicken fix the issue?
  • jefmes
    jefmes Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    That did the trick for me too! Same question as @Houstee though, will this be the permanent name or will we need to change it to keep things working? I assume it'll get switched back to "Golden 1 Credit Union" since "Golden FCU" isn't a recognizable to typical users.
  • Jazzycat
    Jazzycat Member ✭✭
    Options
    So I was able to connect but my reconciliation balance is off. By a lot. I had 5 new items to match which all but 1 were already in my register as reconciled. So when I went to do a match manually the list showed many more than just my new ones. I think it went back a year. My credit card account balance isn't correct either. I think I'm going to restore back to my last back up and wait for it to be fixed. It also showed my personal line of credit as a loan and wanted to add it. I wasn't able to link to it.
  • bthrock
    bthrock Windows Beta Beta
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Having previously deactivated online services for the Golden 1, I was able to go into Account Details - General, change the Financial Institution to "Golden FCU," and then activate online services without any difficulty.

Just a nit, but "Golden FCU" is kind of strange choice for the name insofar as G1, despite falling under the NCUA, has always been insistent on calling itself Golden 1 Credit Union, and never to my knowledge Golden 1 Federal Credit Union or Golden Federal Credit Union. 
  • Doug L.
    Doug L. Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @bthrock said:
    > Having previously deactivated online services for the Golden 1, I was able to go into Account Details - General, change the Financial Institution to "Golden FCU," and then activate online services without any difficulty.
    >
    > Just a nit, but "Golden FCU" is kind of strange choice for the name insofar as G1, despite falling under the NCUA, has always been insistent on calling itself Golden 1 Credit Union, and never to my knowledge Golden 1 Federal Credit Union or Golden Federal Credit Union. 

Especially with a Montana area code. I suspected this was an error in screenshot, but several of you have said it works. hmmmmm.
  • bthrock
    bthrock Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    Yes, that's the number for Community Federal Credit Union in Great Falls. 😄
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for confirming that selecting the "Golden FCU" option from the financial institution list is working for you to reactivate the connections.

@Houstee & @jefmes - Unfortunately, I do not know if this option is permanent or if users will need to switch back to the original "The Golden 1 Credit Union" option once the work has been completed and this issue fully resolved.  I would, however, recommend bookmarking the open alert for this error, found here, as we will post any new updates and the final resolution to the alert, as they become available.

I hope this helps and thank you again,

Sarah
  • eldoradoretired
    Options
    > @jefmes said:
    > Last time I had something like this happen, it was again the bank's fault (I think it was Chase at the time) and Quicken resolved it with them rather quickly...which was definitely a big consideration when I decided to sign up for the yearly subscription to make sure I was supporting the product. This is a big deal for managing our day to day finances, so we'll see how this gets resolved - my renewal is up in December. 
    >
    > Also in case you missed it, they did say they have an official case open for it, I believe the link was here:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900749/new-10-26-21-golden-1-credit-union-cc-505-105

New update at this site has possible solution that worked for me: some Users have reported that they are able to successfully reactivate connections and download transactions when selecting "Golden FCU" from the financial institution list.
  • Yefalconer
    Yefalconer Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Seriously? In this day of hackers, phishers, and scammers, we are supposed to go to another bank's website ("Golden FCU, aka Community FCU", not "The Golden 1 Credit Union") located in Montana, with the wrong phone number, even? [Removed-Disruptive/Speculation/Unhelpful]
This discussion has been closed.