Golden 1 Credit Union New System - Not updating

Options
124»

Comments

• Houstee
    Houstee Member ✭✭
    Options
    A Quicken software update popped up for me this morning. For the first time since this entire problem started, I was able to add "The Golden 1 Credit Union" as a new bank in Quicken. I proceeded and synced all of my accounts. It unfortunately duplicated all of my accounts since I had previously synced to Golden FCU as a workaround for the last several weeks. It did not offer me a chance to link to my existing accounts to my old data and it only grabbed data back to 8/31/21. I loaded my backup file.

Reminder, always back up your file before trying anything that modifies your data in Quicken.

I deactivated all of my accounts that were linked to Golden FCU. I then blanked out the Financial Institution and the Account Number for each account type (checking, savings, etc.). I then reactivated online services and searched for "Golden 1". Quicken again found the "The Golden 1 Credit Union" and I was able to "Link to existing" for all of my accounts. It did mess up my ending balances for Checking and Saving (again) but I have been modifying my starting balance for each account so that it then matches the correct ending balance. I have data back to 2009 so I really don't care about what the starting balance was back then. Hopefully this works for you. Fingers crossed for the future. Good luck to us all.
  • Jazzycat
    Jazzycat Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I updated Quicken and went in and reactivated my accounts. However my credit card balance was messed up. So I decided to restore from a backup from last week, reconnected and then when I ran the update it messed up my checking balance. I tried to run an update again from G1 and then I got an error. I shut it down and I'll try again later.

Edit: After I posted I realized I was in the Mac forum. The issue I'm having is on my Windows version. My Mac version has been working.
  • Houstee
    Houstee Member ✭✭
    Options
    Well, did not realize I was in the MAC forum until Jazzycat pointed that out. All of my posts are for Windows. Quicken still working for me as of today.
This discussion has been closed.