Golden 1 Credit Union New System - Not updating

Comments

• Yefalconer
    Yefalconer Member
    edited November 2021
    [Removed-Speculation/Rant]
  • tntreich
    tntreich Member ✭✭
    G1 customer service in response to my email stated that the G1 upgrade had cut Quicken out and that they were working on a fix but didn't know when it would be completed. Still not working since they responded about a week ago. Very disappointed with G1.
  • bthrock
    bthrock Windows Beta Beta
    edited November 2021
    @Yefalconer Quicken has long used an aggregation provider to store our passwords—nothing has really changed in that regard except that they are in the process of moving to a new,  more modern, and purportedly safer aggregation platform with, as I recall, that same company. That change is hardly a secret; Quicken has been pretty up front about that. 

More importantly, if you have actual, objective evidence that our passwords are suddenly "out there" in the ether for hackers everywhere to see, that's something you should really share with the class, not to mention Quicken itself. 
  • Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭
    > @CAPPY said:
    > ...I had to change link setting to 'Liability' instead of 'Loan' to show my credit card Equity account in order to properly link..   All is working now...

Success today (I hadn't' tried to re-link my G1 accounts in 5 days days or so)..."Disconnected" all my G1 accounts and started fresh...used "The Golden 1 Credit Union" from the bank list (NOT the "Golden FCU" one)...Quicken asked for Username/PW instead of saying "do a manual Web download"...(I knew we were on the right track then!). Took a bit (20 seconds?) for G1 to respond with the account list, then I matched/linked all my G1 accounts (including VISA CC) to their respective Quicken accounts and the auto-download proceeded normally. Like "Cappy" I had several "dupe" checking transactions (2-3) after the download...no biggie just deleted them. The G1 Personal Line of Credit also gave me trouble like Cappy said...but changing it to "Liability" also allowed me to "link" it to my existing Quicken entry for the credit line. All looking "back to normal" for the "One Step Update" now...fingers crossed it stays that way! Glad this fix didn't take as long as the "G1 VISA/FirstData/Hepsiian" changeover fix took a few months ago!!
  • Judy H
    Judy H Member
    Good news, as of 11/8 this appears to be resolved. I was able to add my G1 accounts to Quicken, carefully link the accounts Quicken found at G1 to my existing G1 Quicken accounts, and start downloading. Yay!
  • jefmes
    jefmes Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    I had stopped following this since it looked resolved, but after seeing Brian and Judy's comments, I went back to remove the "Golden FCU" entries and went through the process again to add "The Golden 1 Credit Union" and ended right back with the "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" message. I do have Checking, Savings, and Mortgage accounts with G1, so I'm noticing some of us may have different results based on account types. I'm going back to using the "Golden FCU" entry again since that was working fine for Checking and Savings, and then eventually hopefully the Mortgage accounts will be able to sync up again. Those are less of an issue anyway since the transactions end up rolling over from the other accounts, but... /shrug

Slowly improving at least! I had thought I was done here and unchecked the subscribe to this conversation, but not quite done yet.
  • Jazzycat
    Jazzycat Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately it's still not working for me on my Windows PC. However, it does work on my MacBook. So, I dunno...🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Boobndoob
    Boobndoob Member ✭✭
    My "Golden FCU" accounts didn't update today and displayed errors. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
  • Houstee
    Houstee Member ✭✭
    Yes. Same problem. Error CC-506 on all 3 of my accounts while trying to use Golden FCU which was working before.

Any feedback Quicken Sarah?
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Having same problem Maybe wait a bit?? 10:29 Golden One had this message via an online sign-up attempt:  Our system is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later. If you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 877-465-3361 during our regular business hours. We apologize for any inconvenience.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    My credit card and loan accounts connected and updated just fine...  my checking and MM accounts are still not updating.. getting "Download Error 32"  "ACCOUNT_NOT_FOUND:324" today (Quicken Mac)- yesterday worked fine.    ALSO get the"Fix It button"  When I try to fix -- only the credit card and loan accounts show up - to make link???  Nothing for checking and MM accounts.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    Tried Golden FCU  Did not work either   Error code: BID = 22113 (Quicken Mac)   Credit and Loan still linked. but  other accounts still not downloading.
  • Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭
    > @Boobndoob said:
    > My "Golden FCU" accounts didn't update today and displayed errors. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Me too...my "The Golden 1 Credit Union" linked accounts stopped working with "Account not found" errors on all my G1 accounts today (Sunday). Everything had been fine for about a week...some changes must have been made on the "backend" to break it again. I'll try and re-link my accounts...will update here.
  • PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    Yes, I am back to “Account not found” errors on my account as of this morning (Monday), too. For whatever reason, the only account I am able to connect is my home equity line. The other accounts just don’t show up. Doesn’t matter whether I try to connect to “The Golden 1 Credit Union” or “Golden FCU”—the result is the same either way.

I have complained so vehemently about all of the things broken by this recent “upgrade” that Golden 1 assigned a specific IT person to follow up with me. She is supposed to call me again this week, so this is definitely going to be on my agenda when I talk to her. But I don’t have high hopes for that process. Last week when she talked to me she kept mischaracterizing the things that I said and threatening to leave when I expressed my aggravation with her mischaracterizations. I had the sense that her job was not to actually help me (despite her repeated statements that she was “just trying to help”) but rather to defend the idea that their system is okay and the problems are on my end. It was the most insulting tech support call I have ever been on.

After 30 years with Golden 1, I’ve just about had it with these clowns.
  • krandry
    krandry Member ✭✭
    Yes, after resolving earlier this month with 'Golden FCU', it is not working again. Now it has not been able to find accounts for past few days.
  • jefmes
    jefmes Member ✭✭✭
    Houstee said:
    Yes. Same problem. Error CC-506 on all 3 of my accounts while trying to use Golden FCU which was working before.

Any feedback Quicken Sarah?
    Same here! @Quicken Sarah you're our only hope! :)

• jfox
    jfox Member ✭✭
    I am about to move my business away from Golden 1 since this is not the first time their connection with Quicken was broken due to the failed execution at Golden 1. I have accounts at another credit union and I use the same Quicken Connect method as I did with Golden 1. That Credit Union Connection continues to work perfectly and has never failed in twenty years. No trouble of this sort should persist this length of time. Golden 1 is not being transparent as to the nature of the problem or the path to resolution. It is very bad business to not fix the problem and compound their technical failure with the insult of not being forthcoming with greater details. As it is said, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. At this point I am beginning to feel shame for giving Golden 1 additional time to end this mess before I start migrating my business to my other credit union. I appreciate everyone’s efforts in this forum to help unravel this and dealing with Golden 1. Hoping for the best.
  • Doug L.
    Doug L. Member ✭✭
    Same problem as many of you. I successfully connected on November 2nd and all appeared to be fine until November 12. I was out of town for the weekend, saw your comments rolling in on this thread, and sure enough, got home yesterday to find that I can't connect. 30+ year member who is beyond frustrated.
  • bthrock
    bthrock Windows Beta Beta
    Be careful tinkering too much with this. My G1 accounts abruptly got suspended due to a "Security Issue" related to my multiple attempts to connect, and then, even after I was able to restore service, some functionality, like External Transfers, was totally borked.  Despite escalating the issue more than once, Golden 1 has been unable to resolve this issue and cannot tell me if or when this might be fixed. 
  • Jazzycat
    Jazzycat Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    (Quicken Mac) I was able to link all my accounts this morning and received no errors
    (Quicken Windows) Still unable to connect and received the same errors. Quicken on my Windows PC is the one I mainly use because it has the Saving Goals feature. If they had that on Quicken Mac I wouldn't use the Windows version. I'm seriously considering moving my accounts to another credit union that I have my car loan with.

Edit: This was connecting to The Golden One Credit Union NOT Golden FCU
  • Doug L.
    Doug L. Member ✭✭
    > @Jazzycat said:
    > (Quicken Mac) I was able to link all my accounts this morning and received no errors
    > (Quicken Windows) Still unable to connect and received the same errors. Quicken on my Windows PC is the one I mainly use because it has the Saving Goals feature. If they had that on Quicken Mac I wouldn't use the Windows version. I'm seriously considering moving my accounts to another credit union that I have my car loan with.

As I'm using a Mac as well, do you mind sharing the steps you took? Did you have to connect to the FCU?
  • Jazzycat
    Jazzycat Member ✭✭
    > @Doug L. said:
    > > @Jazzycat said:
    > > (Quicken Mac) I was able to link all my accounts this morning and received no errors
    > > (Quicken Windows) Still unable to connect and received the same errors. Quicken on my Windows PC is the one I mainly use because it has the Saving Goals feature. If they had that on Quicken Mac I wouldn't use the Windows version. I'm seriously considering moving my accounts to another credit union that I have my car loan with.
    >
    > As I'm using a Mac as well, do you mind sharing the steps you took? Did you have to connect to the FCU?

I clicked on Accounts>>Settings and went into my checking account settings to connect. I don't remember what I clicked under my checking settings but I basically started over with the connection process. Also, I connected to The Golden One Credit Union not Golden FCU
  • krandry
    krandry Member ✭✭
    After trying this morning, I have been able to once again connect to Golden 1 using FCU with Quicken.
  • PMW
    PMW Member ✭✭
    edited November 2021
    My accounts are connecting again this morning, using “The Golden 1 Credit Union.”

Edit: I should have specified that I, too, am on a Mac.

I have never attended an annual meeting of members for Golden 1. After all this nonsense, I am going to do my best to attend the next one. People in their IT department should be losing jobs over all this nonsense.
  • CAPPY
    CAPPY Member ✭✭✭
    I was finally able to connect this AM (Quicken Mac)  - re-sign in and had to reset my links - I am using Golden 1 Credit Union not FCU     Surely do not appreciate the disruption, but it all works now.
  • Doug L.
    Doug L. Member ✭✭
    I just successfully connected (Quicken Mac). Sharing what didn't work and what worked in case this helps anyone. I tried numerous times, using these two methods:
    * Right click my checking account
    * selecting "Edit Checking Account"
    * using both "reset connection" and "update login"
    And this method:
    * Accounts/Settings and both "reset connection" and "update login" (noting that my checking account was still highlighted

I tried both of these with my savings account also, and got "server connection error". I finally tried with my 3rd G1 account and it worked, allowing me to connect all 3 accounts.
  • Brian D.
    Brian D. Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Back again....I was able to re-connect my accounts to "The Golden 1 Credit Union" selection tonight...hopefully this is the last time for a few years! ;-) The G1 "CTO"/IT department was getting on my last nerve!!
  • Any update on when the problem will be fixed. Is this really being worked on or is it a project in the que? Getting frustrated with the same old answer it is being worked on. It has now been over a month and we are still waiting?
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Richard L55, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this persisting issue. Our teams are currently working on a resolution for this issue. Your patience is appreciated but there is still unfortunately no ETA. 

To receive updates and information as it becomes available please visit the link below. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900749/ongoing-11-18-21-golden-1-credit-union-cc-505-105#latest

-Quicken Paloma
This discussion has been closed.