Endless Loop Trying to Reactivate Capital One Account

Since the last update last week, I cannot use the One Step Update to download account information from Capital One. Capital One Auto Finance was able to be reactivated after several attempts. But I get into an endless loop trying to add the Cap One credit card account. It has me enter and then re-enter the login credentials and then never reactivates the account.

I have created a NEW CapOne account in Quicken, and have the same issues. I even get emails from Capital One confirming that I have linked the Capital One account to Quicken -- but the process never actually works!!!

This is what happens when I try to reactivate the Online Services / One Step Update for this Capital One account.

STEP 1: When I right-click the account and select Edit/Delete and then click the Online Services tab a window pops up reading "Capital One - Credit Cards (Monthly Statements) Requires you to authorize your accounts.... Capital One - Credit Cards (Monthly Statements) requires you to sign in using their secure authentication system to connect to Quicken."

Click "Next"
Enter login credentials
Click "Sign in"
Select accounts to share (select both)
Click "authorize"

STEP 2: New window pops-up labeled "Activate One Step Update"

*** ERROR: Oops. We're having a problem. CC-501

Requires me to sign in again to connect my accounts to Quicken.
Enter login credentials
Click "Save to password vault"
Click "Connect"

Loops back to Step 1 of this process: "Capital One - Credit Cards (Monthly Statements) Requires you to authorize your accounts".

What can I do to remedy this situations?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 2021
    Hello @DDub,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for more information and updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Mdecks
    Mdecks Member ✭✭
    How long is this escalated ticket going to take to be resolved? This has been going on for at least a MONTH. I have two Capital One accounts. One works the other stopped working when I deactivated and then tried to reactivate. Also, One Step is now trying to have me set up downloading for an account at a completely different bank I closed over a year ago.
This discussion has been closed.