CC-501 and Capital One

Options
13»

Answers

• Quicken Alyssa
    Options
    Hello all,

This issue is resolved for many by simply following the steps provided previously in this discussion.

If you have followed the steps and are still unable to successfully connect, let us know and we will address each issue individually. 

Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• SharpDome
    SharpDome Member
    Options
    I can confirm that following the steps outlined previously and manually searching for "Capital One - New" successfully relinked my banking accounts. One hitch was that the Ending Balance and the Online Balance were out of sync. I discovered that Quicken had automatically entered an "Opening Balance" as the very first transaction. Once I deleted that, my balances were back in agreement with one another.
  • AnnoyedQuickAddict
    Options
    Let's all thank Anja, Paloma, and Alyssa for coming back every week to let us know that we are not forgotten, though there is nothing new to try and no ETA for resolution: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900427/new-10-18-21-capital-one-cc-901#latest
  • twyma
    twyma Member ✭✭
    Options
    What do I do if the financial institution name is not editable? That means I can't erase the financial institution name and proceed with a fix.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twyma said:
    What do I do if the financial institution name is not editable? That means I can't erase the financial institution name and proceed with a fix.
    The financial institution's name associated with a register is not editable when Online Services are activated: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, and select the Online Services tab
  • twyma
    twyma Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Sherlock Thank you for the quick reply but when I open the Online Services tab it shows the Online setup box with a button to "Set up Now".
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twyma said:
    @Sherlock Thank you for the quick reply but when I open the Online Services tab it shows the Online setup box with a button to "Set up Now".
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

If the financial institution's name is not editable on the General tab, I suggest you create a new offline account register, move the transactions, reset any reminders and memorized payees, and delete the original account.  You may want to review: FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts?
  • twyma
    twyma Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Sherlock Version R37.63 Quicken Deluxe
  • twyma
    twyma Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Alyssa @Sherlock "If the financial institution's name is not editable on the General tab, I suggest you create a new offline account register, move the transactions, reset any reminders and memorized payees, and delete the original account. You may want to review: FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts?"
    The reason I pay for a subscription to Quicken is to make it easier to track accounts - not to spend a ridiculous amount of time researching some type of fix for an ongoing problem with the software. Especially when the fix doesn't work. At this point it is easier for me to continue manually inputting the data. The Capital One problem is not new and Quicken has had ample time to correct it. Fix it!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twyma said:
    @Quicken Alyssa @Sherlock "If the financial institution's name is not editable on the General tab, I suggest you create a new offline account register, move the transactions, reset any reminders and memorized payees, and delete the original account. You may want to review: FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts?"
    The reason I pay for a subscription to Quicken is to make it easier to track accounts - not to spend a ridiculous amount of time researching some type of fix for an ongoing problem with the software. Especially when the fix doesn't work. At this point it is easier for me to continue manually inputting the data. The Capital One problem is not new and Quicken has had ample time to correct it. Fix it!
    Unfortunately, the behavior you described earlier indicates your Quicken file is corrupt - not the Capital One issue originally being discussed here.  You may think Quicken should be able to correct the corruption for you, but that isn't likely.  You imply you had difficulty creating the offline replacement account register but have not provided any details.  I suggest you contact Quicken Support:  https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • scottreder
    scottreder Member ✭✭
    Options
    For folks that were stuck in the CC-501 authorization loop and were also unable to edit the Financial Institution name in Account Details, I was able to fix this by running a file validation under File -> Validate and Repair File. It found & fixed an error with my original CapitalOne account. Once complete, I am able to edit the name. Moving on to try to reconnect now.
  • scottreder
    scottreder Member ✭✭
    Options
    Spoke too soon. It allows me to edit the Financial Institution name, but after clicking OK and going back in, it goes always back to "Capital One Card Services" no matter what I enter.

I'm trying to avoid having to ditch the account & transfer to a new one - huge pain.

> @scottreder said:
    > For folks that were stuck in the CC-501 authorization loop and were also unable to edit the Financial Institution name in Account Details, I was able to fix this by running a file validation under File -> Validate and Repair File. It found & fixed an error with my original CapitalOne account. Once complete, I am able to edit the name. Moving on to try to reconnect now.
  • scottreder
    scottreder Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm back up and running. Had to move everything to a new account in Quicken (took me 45 minutes to click "OK" to the move reconciled transaction dialog - probably should have unreconciled all of them first). For online setup, I tried "Capital One Card Services" first as this is the first one that shows up in the list. This resulted in the CC-501 error, so I started over, selected "Capital One Card - Current" and this worked. Had some download cleanup to do thereafter. Unhappy with the hours lost, but it's resolved now.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm back up and running. Had to move everything to a new account in Quicken (took me 45 minutes to click "OK" to the move reconciled transaction dialog - probably should have unreconciled all of them first). For online setup, I tried "Capital One Card Services" first as this is the first one that shows up in the list. This resulted in the CC-501 error, so I started over, selected "Capital One Card - Current" and this worked. Had some download cleanup to do thereafter. Unhappy with the hours lost, but it's resolved now.
    Hello @scottreder,

I am excited to hear that the issue seems to have been resolved, and thank you for updating us on this turn of events, as well as including your steps to solving the problem here.

Feel free to reach out again with any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks again,

Quicken Jared 
  • christyawoodward
    Options
    I am so BEYOND frustrated. I have cleared all the bank names/acct numbers, deactivated all Cap 1 accounts, unlinked them at CAP 1 and nothing works....whatever happened in the last month has caused a cascade of failures across all my other accts as well----chase/TDAmeritrade will both occasionally fail to update..... I have used quicken for over 15 years and NEVER had this kind of aggravation before.
This discussion has been closed.