Duplicate categories appearing in Mobile app [Edited]

TheCount
TheCount Member ✭✭
edited November 2021 in Using the Mobile App
At some point, most of my categories are showing up as duplicate entries in the app. If I click on the "wrong" one, the category comes up as "blank" in the desktop app after a cloud sync. Any ideas? If not, I'll try clearing the app cache and logging in again.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @TheCount,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I went ahead and tested this issue myself and received the same result. Therefore, I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. 

Unfortunately, we will not have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

We also ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem in your Desktop program and submit all of your log files in order to contribute to this investigation.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Hello @TheCount,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

I went ahead and tested this issue myself and received the same result. Therefore, I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. 

Unfortunately, we will not have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

We also ask that you please navigate to Help > Report a Problem in your Desktop program and submit all of your log files in order to contribute to this investigation.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!

-Quicken Anja

• TheCount
    TheCount Member ✭✭
    @"Quicken Anja" I seem to have it corrected for now. Here's how:
    1. Started the app. Waited for it to sync.
    2. Use the "Log Off" function.
    3. Close the app.
    4. Go into Android settings, to the Applications section. Choose the Quicken app.
    5. Click the Storage option.
    6. Click both the Delete Cache and Delete Data options at the bottom.
    7. Restart the Quicken app and log in again.
    8. Categories look normal again.
  • Quicken Anja
    @TheCount Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear that you found a solution that worked for you.

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.