Keyboard Macro Not Working after Update [edited]

pcmaven
pcmaven Member ✭✭
Seem like every time there's a new release something else breaks. Just updated to R36.38 Build 27.1.36.38

I used to be able to use a keyboard macro to fill in my update password. Now it won't work. You did something to the program to prevent that. Why??????

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one can answer your "why" question unless you describe that keyboard macro.  What now happens?  And, what keyboard macro product?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    pcmaven said:
    Seem like every time there's a new release something else breaks. Just updated to R36.38 Build 27.1.36.38

I used to be able to use a keyboard macro to fill in my update password. Now it won't work. You did something to the program to prevent that. Why??????
    Restart Quicken.  Whenever you install an update for Quicken the permission are set to be a system user.  When you start Quicken from that update dialog the permissions aren't changed over to your user account.  The macro program is trying to inject keystrokes into Quicken as you, but Quicken is now not running as you, and as such Windows blocks the injecting of the keystrokes.

Once you restart Quicken the permissions that Quicken is running under will be yours and the keystrokes from the macro program you are running will be allowed.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/