Changing FI from BB&T to Truist (same account)

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: No direct connect option since BB&T/Truist merger.

Comments

• chafields
    Options
    My direct connect for BB&T has been working up until the end of October, so I left it alone. Now it is refusing connection so I need to switch to Truist. Assuming this is even possible, is there an alternative to creating a new account in Quicken? I don't see a way to change banks while leaving the rest of the account the same.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hello @chafields,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try to deactivate the account in question, then remove the BB&T financial institution information from the account, and then reconnect the account with Truist Bank. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. Edit the account in question to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) through the Online Services tab
    3. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    4. When finished, close the Account List
    5. Close, then re-open Quicken
    6. Navigate to Tools > Add Account, then search for and select Truist Bank
    7. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    8. Very carefully LINK the found account to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.