How to enable Direct Connect for Interactive Brokers - sent Token and Query ID.

Options
I see the June Post for an answer. I don't get Advanced Options when I select Interactive Brokers LLC. I only see Userid/Password. I do get to enter the Token ID/Query ID on the Interactive Brokers selection. There are the ID's provided by Interactive Brokers when I enabled Quicken Direct Connect on my account. The errors are "Server Error". Can't setup Interactive Broker.

Best Answer

• Rodney Fuller
    Rodney Fuller Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    After selecting Interactive Brokers LLC, click on options, and selecting Direct Connect, the next screen asks for user_id and password. Interactive Brokers does not allow Quicken to sign on with the account's UserID and Password. IB requires a token and query id. I finally got it to work by placing the Query ID in the UserID field and the Token ID in the Password field. The IB website / account management / third party services provides the ability to generate a Query ID and Token ID for Quicken Direct Connect.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hello @Rodney Fuller,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

The "Advanced Options" you are referring to is specific to Quicken for Windows. You can find this in Quicken for Mac by clicking the grey "Options" button after selecting your financial institution from the bank list. Once you have clicked "Options" you will receive a screen asking you to choose your connection type which should give you the option to select Direct Connect.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Rodney Fuller
    Rodney Fuller Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    After selecting Interactive Brokers LLC, click on options, and selecting Direct Connect, the next screen asks for user_id and password. Interactive Brokers does not allow Quicken to sign on with the account's UserID and Password. IB requires a token and query id. I finally got it to work by placing the Query ID in the UserID field and the Token ID in the Password field. The IB website / account management / third party services provides the ability to generate a Query ID and Token ID for Quicken Direct Connect.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you got it resolved.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.