Is there a way to do both Express Web and Direct Connect with Chase Bank?

Options
I have both bank accounts and a mortgage with Chase. I like to use Direct Connect because of the additional bill payment features it offers. When I use Direct Connect, however, my Chase mortgage isn't listed as an account. If I switch to Express Web connectivity, I see both banking and mortgage accounts but can't take advantage of the Direct Connect features.

When I try to add my mortgage as an Express Web connection, I get an error message from Quicken saying mix and match isn't allowed.

Can anyone think of any sort of workaround (other than using two Quicken data files)?

Much thanks.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suggest you use Direct Connect and maintain the mortgage account as an offline account.  
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Extending @Sherlock's comment.  IF you set up a traditional mortsgage for download, ALL that will ever download is the principal portion of your payment AND you'll lose all ability to otherwise manage the account.  There won't even be an account register that you can view.
    Q's Mortgage Wizard is very accurate and a much better alternative to downloading.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jeffrey Litvak
    Options
    That's what I wound up doing but I was hoping someone had a creative solution to the problem. Thank you for the quick response.
  • Jeffrey Litvak
    Options
    I assume the mortgage wizard is the same as managing the mortgage account offline, true?

When I set up the offline account, it looked just like the online account. I've not yet made my first payment so I'm not sure what it will look like after I do.

Thanks for your assistance.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What sort of "creative solution" would you want?  what @sherlock and I have recommended is the proper way to set things up.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jeffrey Litvak
    Options
    We all came to the same conclusion. I was hoping I may have missed something but apparently that's not the case.

Thanks for your assistance.