Starting a New File

I want to create a new file. The account in this file is connected to PNC Bank Virtual Wallet (whatever that is). I want keep tab on expenses starting Nov1. When I connected to PNC, it populated the data in the file going back many months. How do I get rid of entries before nov1 and how do I prevent it from repopulating previous moths data next time I connect to PNC. Thanks.

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    You may delete the transactions you do not want to keep.  Quicken should not import the previously imported transactions.

With the transactions sorted by date, select the earliest transaction, press the Shift key and select the last transaction before Nov 1, and press Ctrl + D.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Andy_G said:
    I successfully deleted entries before Nov1 as per your guidance. But now, I am running into a problem. I have attchached a screen shot. The example is when quicken updates transactions from PNC and then I fill out some fields and go to save icon to the right of the row, a dialog box comes up. Whether I select yes or no, a duplicate transaction is created with the old downloaded transaction. I am sure I am doing something wrong, just don't know what it is.

The notification indicates you are attempting to move the transaction to a different account.  If you select Yes, Quicken should move the transaction.  If you select No, Quicken should not move the transaction.  This notification itself may be enabled or disabled: select Edit > Preferences...

Unless you intended to move the transaction to a different account, I suggest you edit try editing the transaction within the account register.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    You may delete the transactions you do not want to keep.  Quicken should not import the previously imported transactions.

With the transactions sorted by date, select the earliest transaction, press the Shift key and select the last transaction before Nov 1, and press Ctrl + D.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't delete the first transaction (Opening Balance), you will need to change it to make the ending balance correct after deleting the unwanted transactions.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Andy_G
    Andy_G Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the solutions. It looks like I will always be posting in the section "Getting Started"
  • Andy_G
    Andy_G Member ✭✭
    I successfully deleted entries before Nov1 as per your guidance. But now, I am running into a problem. I have attchached a screen shot. The example is when quicken updates transactions from PNC and then I fill out some fields and go to save icon to the right of the row, a dialog box comes up. Whether I select yes or no, a duplicate transaction is created with the old downloaded transaction. I am sure I am doing something wrong, just don't know what it is.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Andy_G said:

The notification indicates you are attempting to move the transaction to a different account.  If you select Yes, Quicken should move the transaction.  If you select No, Quicken should not move the transaction.  This notification itself may be enabled or disabled: select Edit > Preferences...

Unless you intended to move the transaction to a different account, I suggest you edit try editing the transaction within the account register.
  • Andy_G
    Andy_G Member ✭✭
    Sorry for the delay. But thanks. That worked.
This discussion has been closed.