Certain security downloaded links in QWin not accurate

KJTemplin
KJTemplin Member, Mac Beta Beta
edited November 2021 in Investing (Windows)
Security ISRG, Intuitive Surgical was split recently and ever since the split, the download has not been correct.  While prices for this security are correct, QWin does not recognize the security as valid in a comparison to the linked account.  Any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated.  Thanks.  Ken Templin.

Best Answer

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Quicken uses the CUSIP ID to match securities from the financial institution.  I suspect there may be a mismatch

Quicken relies on a unique value for a security used by the financial institution to identify the security in the Quicken file.  Quicken refers to this field as the CUSIP ID.  When Quicken receives a CUSIP ID that it is not already bound to a security in Quicken, Quicken will prompt us to associate the security with a new security or a security that is not already assigned a CUSIP ID.  To clear the CUSIP ID assigned to a security, we may uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window of the security and the next time Quicken processes an unbound CUSIP ID, the security should be available to be matched.  For publicly traded securities, the CUSIP ID should be the same as the CUSIP number.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "QWin does not recognize the security as valid in a comparison to the linked account."
    I assume what you are saying here is that the number of shares per Quicken doesn't agree with the number of shares per the broker.
    In your transaction list (register) how was the stock split handled, i.e., what transactions were entered to reflect the 3 for 1 split?
    Using the Quicken stock split "wizard" as of 11/5/2021 should result in the correct number of shares in the Account.

• KJTemplin
    Tom:  Thanks for the feedback.  No, I am not saying the number of shares is incorrect.  The number of shares is correct.  What I am saying is when QWin compares the holdings in my file to the holdings reported in the linked account, it shows that all the ISRG shares in Quicken are not in the linked account.  But they are all there.  The 2 files should be the same but have not been ever since the split.  It is also interesting that my QMac file is in agreement with the linked file.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021 Answer ✓
    Quicken uses the CUSIP ID to match securities from the financial institution.  I suspect there may be a mismatch

Quicken relies on a unique value for a security used by the financial institution to identify the security in the Quicken file.  Quicken refers to this field as the CUSIP ID.  When Quicken receives a CUSIP ID that it is not already bound to a security in Quicken, Quicken will prompt us to associate the security with a new security or a security that is not already assigned a CUSIP ID.  To clear the CUSIP ID assigned to a security, we may uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window of the security and the next time Quicken processes an unbound CUSIP ID, the security should be available to be matched.  For publicly traded securities, the CUSIP ID should be the same as the CUSIP number.
  • KJTemplin
    Sherlock,

Thanks for the feedback.  The security in question is unmatched.  I will update again to see if it asks for match.  Ken Templin
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    KJTemplin said:
    Sherlock,

Thanks for the feedback.  The security in question is unmatched.  I will update again to see if it asks for match.  Ken Templin
    I suspect you'll find the CUSIP ID provided by the financial institution is matched to a different Quicken security.  You'll need to uncheck Matched with online security on the Edit Security Details window of the mismatched security before Quicken will see the CUSIP ID as unmatched and provide the prompt.
  • KJTemplin
    Sherlock,

I unmatched a suspected incorrectly matched CUSIP ID and the next update did as you said it would.  All is back to where it should be.  Thanks for the information (it was new to me) and helping me resolve this issue.  Ken Templin
This discussion has been closed.