Target Red Card downloads stopped working (MAC)

mannyg
mannyg Member ✭✭✭
As of today, I am not able to get my transactions from Target National Bank. Target today turned on 2-factor authentication on their website and it requires users to always supply a code when they use the browser to access their account. Quicken now fails getting the transactions from Target. The request also blocks the account requiring me to call Target to unblock my account. The support person at Target confirmed this started happening overnight and they are getting calls.

To prevent my Target account from being blocked when I download data from other accounts I disconnected Target from the list of online bank accounts in Quicken until this gets fixed.
Tagged:
«13

Comments

  • Ed8
    Ed8 Member
    I am having this problem as well. It appears that Quicken is attempting to use a link to target.com instead of Target National Bank (https://rcam.target.com/#/).
  • jstauch
    jstauch Member ✭✭
    Having same issue. My account was blocked so had to call to get it unblocked. I also disconnected my target account from automatic downloads and am waiting for resolution from Quicken.
  • Ron Mellum
    Ron Mellum Member ✭✭
    Same issue here. I sent in an error report
  • BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta
    same issue here
  • Michele123
    Michele123 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem
  • Denosito
    Denosito Member
    Unfortunately....but not surprising... same problem.
  • snkywfe
    snkywfe Member
    me, too. annoying....
  • aekdeeds
    aekdeeds Member ✭✭
    I'm new to this community, but is it standard for everyone to chime in that they're having the same problem, rather than only when they actually have something to contribute towards *solving* the problem? (Or when they've got new information about the problem?) Just curious :# .
  • Hello @Everyone

    If you are unable to download transactions from Target Red Card, we advise that you wait 24-48 business hours before attempting to update again. If the issue persists past that time please contact Quicken Support. 

    For more information regarding this issue (error105) please visit the link below. 

    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-105

    Thanks!

    -Quicken Paloma 
  • aekdeeds said:
    I'm new to this community, but is it standard for everyone to chime in that they're having the same problem, rather than only when they actually have something to contribute towards *solving* the problem? (Or when they've got new information about the problem?) Just curious :# .
    Hello @aekdeeds

    Welcome and thank you for reaching out to the community. The Quicken Community is a user-to-user community designed to connect you with other members who want to discuss or learn more about Quicken. Every user is encouraged to participate with comments, concerns, and answers when available.

    If you have any questions please let us know!

    -Quicken Paloma
  • maddog2727
    maddog2727 Member
    Good to know I'm not the only one here with this issue!
  • WaterLover
    WaterLover Member ✭✭
    Adding my voice to the comments so that Quicken (and other users) recognize that it's not an isolated issue. It's been close to 48 hours since I first got this error, so hopefully Quicken is on it.
  • tmcb
    tmcb Member ✭✭
    Also encountering this problem. Had to call Target to unlock account.
  • ktenglert
    ktenglert Member
    Having the same issue, encountered it once a week or two ago, had Target support unlock my account. Eventually got it to download into Quicken a time or two. Now it isn't working again. Had Target unlock my account again today and it still isn't downloading my transactions into Quicken.
  • aekdeeds
    aekdeeds Member ✭✭
    @badagliacca The last official response from Quicken was to my comment yesterday, when the moderator Quicken Paloma advised us all to "wait 24-48 business hours before attempting to update again. If the issue persists past that time please contact Quicken Support."
  • aekdeeds
    aekdeeds Member ✭✭
    edited November 15
    Sorry. I should have done this to begin with. Just saw the "Quote" feature. This was from yesterday, so I guess we should all stay calm until Wednesday morning?
    > @Quicken Paloma said:
    > Hello @Everyone
    > If you are unable to download transactions from Target Red Card, we advise that you wait 24-48 business hours before attempting to update again. If the issue persists past that time please contact Quicken Support. 
    > For more information regarding this issue (error105) please visit the link below. 
    > https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-105
    > Thanks!
    > -Quicken Paloma 
  • Marty McGuire
    Marty McGuire Member ✭✭
    edited November 15
    Having same problem downloading Target red card transactions. Getting ol-221A and B errors. Problem appears to have started on Nov 1, 2021. What changed??? Also Quicken will not open export when downloaded from Target transaction. I have deleted online services and now Quicken will not connect using my logon and password. I DONT WANT TO CALL QUICKEN SUPPORT, PLEASE FIX THIS. Thank you.
  • Hello @Everyone

    An update/response regarding this issue has been received. Target Red Card was removed intentionally. It's no longer a supported connection. We apologize for the inconvenience. If further assistance is needed, we encourage users to contact Target Red Card customer support. 

    Hope this provides clarity. 

    -Quicken Paloma

  • tmcb
    tmcb Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Paloma " said:
    > Hello @Everyone, 
    >
    > An update/response regarding this issue has been received. Target Red Card was removed intentionally. It's no longer a supported connection. We apologize for the inconvenience. If further assistance is needed, we encourage users to contact Target Red Card customer support. 
    >
    > Hope this provides clarity. 
    >
    > -Quicken Paloma

    Will the ability to export a .QFX file from Target and import it into Quicken be fixed? Right now it comes back as invalid.
  • tmcb
    tmcb Member ✭✭
    > Does this mean that Quicken is no longer supporting a connection to Target Red Card permanently? If so is there an explanation from management? Where do we file a formal complaint to Quicken management that the product becoming less efficient for users is not acceptable? Thank you.

    From what I read on the Target site, Target made the decision to drop the support.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭
    same problem.
  • Ron Mellum
    Ron Mellum Member ✭✭
    edited November 15
    > @tmcb said:

    > From what I read on the Target site, Target made the decision to drop the support.

    @tmcb Could you provide a link to the information posted on Target's site?

    Disregard, found it in the FAQ under "Third Party Data Aggregators" on rcam.target.com after logging in

    Thanks
  • tmcb
    tmcb Member ✭✭
    @Ron Mellum You found the same information that I found.