Quicken & Capital One Reauthorization

npage
npage Member ✭✭
When is this issue with reauthorizing with Capital One going to be resolved? It's been weeks and deactivation and reactivation DOES NOT resolve the issue. What is the point of keeping a Quicken subscription if I can not access my main bank! Please post an update as I'm at my wits end and contemplating the future of Quicken!

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @npage,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question. 

For updates on the issues reported with Capital One, please refer to this Community Alert. Any and all information and updates will be posted in the Alert as they become available. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kpandola
    kpandola Member
    Quicken Anja, that's not an answer
  • npage
    npage Member ✭✭
    This is the solution that worked for me posted by member xyx123. Perhaps Quicken Support should be giving this solution out.
    xyx123 Member ✭
    September 13
    Just had success with this fix: Go to Tools > Add account> pick a "capital one" option > use normal log in & see if it matches your existing account > if so link to your exist account in quicken and your are good to go.
    Seems Capital one has different options: Capital one card services, capital one 360, capital one bank - new, capital one card-current.
  • > @npage said:
    > This is the solution that worked for me posted by member xyx123. Perhaps Quicken Support should be giving this solution out.
    > xyx123 Member ✭
    > September 13
    > Just had success with this fix: Go to Tools > Add account> pick a "capital one" option > use normal log in & see if it matches your existing account > if so link to your exist account in quicken and your are good to go.
    > Seems Capital one has different options: Capital one card services, capital one 360, capital one bank - new, capital one card-current.

So far this solution worked for me, with two important caveats.

First, before taking those steps I had to go into each of my Capital One accounts in Quicken then click on the Gear Icon (top right corner) > Edit account details > Online Services (tab) > Deactivate. Without doing that the "new" online accounts I brought in wouldn't show my existing Capital One accounts as being available to link to, but once I deactivated the online services on my existing accounts and added the new accounts in I could link to them.

Second, before you do this make note of your current balances in your Capital One accounts and also what your opening balances were for those accounts. For some reason, and I'm apparently not the only one who has experienced this, after taking these steps one of my two accounts had changed my opening balance by $0.02 which would've confusingly thrown off my current balance had I not made note of it and caught it. I just had to go back and manually correct my opening balance on that one account. For whatever reason my other Capital One account didn't have the same issue and was correct.

I'll have to see how long this lasts, though, because I've seen others think they got it fixed only for this same reauthorization issue to pop up again later. Other fixes I tried that were recommended didn't work for me so I'm hoping this is the one.
  • UserSteve
    UserSteve Member ✭✭
    I tried this on Friday Dec 10 @ 12:10 and it did not work for me. I get an error that says something like "something went wrong and it's not your fault" along with some options to enter transactions manually. It's been this was for at least a few weeks now. I hope this can get resolved soon. It seems strange that various approaches work for different people and their accounts.
  • npage
    npage Member ✭✭
    as stated by @texasblueline, I did deactivate the account before applying the fix by @xyx123.
  • Diver Doug
    Diver Doug Member ✭✭
    This also did not work for me. My account is deactivated. It asks me for reauthorization. That part works but Quicken says it didn't work and I can retry (that doesn't work) or enter stuff manually (painful!). HELP!
This discussion has been closed.