R37.25 improvements not showing up

I just updated to R37.25 on Windows and none of the improvements listed in the release notes are showing up. I've restarted quicken and restarted the computer. Anything else that needs to be done to have the improvements show up?

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    swampycat said:
    @Chris_QPW I have the deluxe edition.
    Thanks.  I don't have a Deluxe edition subscription to check, so maybe someone else can check, but I would also submit it as a bug with Help -> Submit a problem.

Given that you see the check boxes for excluding investment register columns, it does mean that you do have the patch fixes.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• swampycat
    swampycat Member ✭✭
    I should add that I have verified the installed version is R37.25 as indicated by the about screen.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @swampycat,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

You can also view the release notes improvements through this link. If the improvements are still not showing in-product, then I suggest downloading and installing the R37.25 mondo patch which can also be found through that same link at the bottom of the post.

Although the Mondo Patch is the same version release as the version you have currently installed, when manually downloading and installing the Mondo Patch it may help correct this problem and would confirm whether or not it was installed properly during the first initial in-product install. 

I hope this helps! 

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• swampycat
    swampycat Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response. I downloaded and applied the Mondo Patch with the same result. None of the improvements (and by extension probably the fixes) listed in the release notes are evident.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Go to Help > About Quicken. Does it show R37.25 as the version?

2) Please give an example of the improvements that are missing. Some are hard to find.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2021
    @swampycat what do you see on this dialog?

These are new in the release.

Other changes.  If an investment account is in Simple mode:

In the security details view:

And what feature are you looking for that you don't see?
    Signature:
  • swampycat
    swampycat Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW I'm not sure how y'all were able to upload screenshot so I'll do what I can to describe the screens.

On the Preferences dialog it contains what you have circles in your screenshot but does not have the "Automatically update quotes every 15 minutes" checkbox control below it. On the Simple view of the investments, the Actions popup _menu_ contains the "Update cash balance", "Update share balance", etc. It does _not_ display a button to the left of the Actions menu as displayed in your screenshot. In the security details view I do get the same indicators as displayed in your screenshot.

@Jim_Harman As indicated on the About dialog I have Version R37.25 Build 27.1.37.25. I've been mostly using the first couple of improvements listed to determine if the patch was applied. The ability to directly work with the transactions directly in the new dashboard (currently clicking a transaction just takes me to the register) and All Bills filter Payees options.

In general I not concerned about _these_ improvements. My issue is whether the patch is getting applied properly and (if it isn't) will future patches (ones that may actually contain fixes that apply to me) be getting applied properly. Basically fix a potential problem before its a real concern.

Or maybe I'm just totally misunderstanding what improvements, fixes, etc were provided.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You should see a picture icon above the comment box where you can attach images.  If you don't see that because you don't have enough points with this forum yet, you can drag and drop an image on the comment box and it will attach it.

What edition of Quicken do you have?
    The "Automatically update quotes every 15 minutes" is only available in Premier and above.

On the not showing of the new menu, "Update ..." selections in Simple mode that might be a bug that it doesn't show in the Deluxe edition (shouldn't be there for Starter since it doesn't support investment accounts at all).
    Signature:
  • swampycat
    swampycat Member ✭✭
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    swampycat said:
    Thanks.  I don't have a Deluxe edition subscription to check, so maybe someone else can check, but I would also submit it as a bug with Help -> Submit a problem.

Given that you see the check boxes for excluding investment register columns, it does mean that you do have the patch fixes.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.