Okay to use backup on new Quicken software

Options
I have corrupt files in my Quicken Deluxe. When I download from my banks it shows with red flag that I have transactions to reconcile but I can not see the transactions. I also get an error message each time I open Quicken and I have to close and try again, plus other types error messages are appearing.
I am going to install new Quicken Deluxe software and start over. My question is will my last backup carry over the hardware problems or will it only install my banking input?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Cherriann,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

In regard to the error message you receive when opening Quicken; I recommend that you perform a clean uninstall/reinstall (this is different from simply uninstalling and reinstalling the program) which will clear out and replace the existing configuration files for Quicken (this does not affect any of your data and/or backup files).

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

However, in regard to the issue concerning the red flag showing but not showing any new downloaded transactions; I suggest that you review and follow the troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding this exact topic (after you have completed the clean uninstall/reinstall).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.