Quicken can't/won't deactivate, close or delete duplicated accounts

Options
Backstory: I had a savings account that was changed to a checking account.

After the change Quicken could no longer update the account through Express Web Connect.

After "resetting" the account, Quicken added a new checking account, but it has the same account number as the old savings account.

Now, quicken does nothing when I try to deactivate, close, or delete EITHER of these accounts, and Quicken continues to complain about the savings account not existing at the bank any longer.

How do I get out of this deadlock? With an 125Mb file, I'm really trying to avoid starting over.

Also, validating the file indicates no problems.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @GogglesPisano,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, instead of validating, I suggest you try super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• GogglesPisano
    Options
    Hello,

That didn't work. The log didn't show anything unusual and after reopening the file the duplicate accounts still can't be removed or deactivated.

What did work (sort of), was to make a copy of the data file. That disconnected *all* online services, but at least I could remove the duplicate account.
  • wluengen@
    Options
    your last suggestion to make a copy. Then use the copy and you can delete the problem accounts. This is the only way i was able to delete these accounts.
  • Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Hello @wluengen@, I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing this issue and for any inconvenience it may have caused. I'm glad to hear that making a copy resolved it, thank you for participating in our community! 
This discussion has been closed.