Sign In Issue

I logged on to my account online to download Quicken for Windows. Downloaded and installed successfully. It then asks me to Enter my Quicken ID password and I get an "Invalid Credentials" message. I've changed passwords and still no good. I know the new passwords were good because I could log into my account online on another computer with the new password.

During the set up phase, I had it restore the old data. Could the old data be overriding the password?

Any advice?
Tagged:

Comments

• I also get this non-Unicode program message. Using Windows 10. Set everything I could to English(United States)
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I've never heard of this "Invalid Credentials" message.
    When and where exactly do you get this message?

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• Hello @dsteinywi,

Thank you for coming to the Community with your questions and concerns, though I apologize that you are experiencing this. 

If the issue is specific to the one computer, then I would look for anything on the computer that could be causing it. Look for things like a VPN, Firewall, Anti-Virus, Malwarebytes, Restricted Networks, etc. 

Do let us know if this resolves your issue. Thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• I'm currently experiencing the same issue. New install of Quicken. I create a new data file, it asks me to Sign In. No issues signing in to the My Account area on Quicken.com. Can't sign in to the app. I've even changed my password via the application. Still no go.
  • Hello @DreaminGeek,

I looked into your login attempts from my end, and your account has been locked. To unlock the account, you will need to change your password, and then wait at least two hours before trying to log in. 

To be clear, DO NOT attempt to use the new password until AT LEAST two hours have passed, or it will reset the lock on the account and you will need to start over. 

Let us know when you have done this and if it resolved the issue, thank you!

Quicken Alyssa

• @dsteinywi,

I apologize for noticing it before, but it appears that your account is locked as well. Please follow the steps provided above, and let us know if this resolves your issue. 

Thank you.

Quicken Alyssa

• I changed my password and left it overnight. Tried this morning and it worked! I don't understand why I was able to log in to my account, but not Quicken for Windows, but it's working now. Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.