Citi Credit cards not downloading

My Citi credit cards are not downloading transactions. Is there a Citi Credit Card issue on the Mac or is it just mine?

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @london9899,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We do have an open escalation ticket with our service provider for issues reported with Citibank and Citi Cards. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @london9899,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We do have an open escalation ticket with our service provider for issues reported with Citibank and Citi Cards. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @london9899

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community. We apologize you are having this issue. To clarify there is a current alert for error CC-502 with Citi. For updates and information as it becomes available please visit the link below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898164/ongoing-12-4-21-citi-bank-citi-cards-cc-502-102#latest

Is this the error that you are also getting? If not, then can you be specific with what error code/message you are getting? 

Please elaborate so that we may provide proper guidance. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • hillisro
    hillisro Member ✭✭
    The "Community Alert" noted above began in August, it is still ongoing? I have two Citi credit card accounts tied to my Quicken, one in my name and one in my wife's. One is connecting and doenloading no issue, the other hasn't connected in two weeks (cc-502 error). It first gave me an error that The account was showing "cancelled". Following guidance found here it was suggested to deactivate/reactivate. I tried that and now can't reactivate, I get the same error every time that CC-502, stating unable to connect to Citi servers, try again in a couple hours. Obviously it is something else when i am able to connect to the citi servers from the same quicken file but a different Citi account? (Both are/were tide to teh CITIBANK instance, not "CITI CARDS". Running Quicken Deluxe (R36.48) in Win 10
  • ZebA
    ZebA Member
    I am still getting the 502 error as well, and I have been for over a week.
  • I don't get an error message; but, Citibank has stopped downloading transactions as of 12/1/2021. When I try to access Citibank through Quicken, it just says the website is temporarily unavailable.
  • I have been receiving this error for a while also. I just keep trying to update, and eventually it'll work. This morning it took 4-5 tries.
  • Gary Kollmorgen
    Gary Kollmorgen Unconfirmed ✭✭
    I have checking, savings, and credit card on same login credentials (account).  Savings and Checking update every time - no issues.  Credit card does not.  But like most if I keep trying eventually it does update.  Just started happening to me since Friday 10 December 2021.
  • This issue has been Ongoing for at least 6 months, is there any progress? What is Quicken & Citi doing about it?
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    My CitiCards (both of them) connect and download just fine.

You need to disconnect ALL Citi credit cards from downloads.  Then re-connect using Citi Cards as the financial institution.  Do NOT use Citi.  Then, select Advanced Options from the FI selection and use Direct Connect (do NOT use Express Web Connect).

You may have to go to citi.com/datamanagement to authorize Citi to allow Quicken to download transactions.

Then, back in Quicken, make sure you LINK your accounts in Quicken.  Do NOT select ADD in the dropdown box as that will create a new account.

The first download will give you many duplicate transactions you'll need to delete.  
  • thanks garysmith87! it worked!!
    I had to be sure to sign in to my account first before directing to the datamanagement address, then it worked. had 9 mins to then go back to Quicken and add account etc.
  • Geri Price
    Geri Price Member ✭✭
    Citi cards have stopped downloading again. I have both a CITI Visa and a CITI Mastercard. Both were working a week ago and now have stopped. This has been going on for over a month. I worked with Quicken support for over an hour several weeks ago and had them working again. There is no error message this time, but no transactions are downloading. Also, there is no option to use Direct Connect when setting the cards up. It uses Express Web Connect. Someone said you must have a CITI bank account to have the Direct Connect option.. this may be why.
This discussion has been closed.