Schwab satisfaction gurantee

Options
leonard kearney
leonard kearney Member ✭✭✭
from the website
Satisfaction Guarantee
We believe every investor deserves to work with a firm they can count on. At Schwab, our commitment to your satisfaction is backed by a guarantee. If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, we'll refund your fee or commission and work with you to make things right.¹ You won't find that kind of promise everywhere—but you will find it here.

I wonder what would happen if all the Quicken users started asking for acommission refund based on their lack of service?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since it was Schwab that originated the fiasco, why don't you ask THEM to make good on their "Guarantee"?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what would happen if all the Quicken users started asking for a commission refund based on their lack of service?
    Yes, that might be interesting.  Based on their statement Quicken users certainly could claim this.

I don't have Schwab accounts, but if they work the way other financial institutions do, I wouldn't be able claim any refunds because I don't pay on commissions in the first place (I invest by myself).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • leonard kearney
    leonard kearney Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Since it was Schwab that originated the fiasco, why don't you ask THEM to make good on their "Guarantee"?

I have. According to Schwab this is completely a quicken thing.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Since it was Schwab that originated the fiasco, why don't you ask THEM to make good on their "Guarantee"?

OF COURSE they would try to shift the blame.   BUT, there is no denying that Schwab originated this change and is thus, at least in my mind, responsible for this disaster.
    Quicken itself had no reason to want to change a download method that was working perfectly.
    Schwab also set the "way too short" deadline for when it had to happen ... thus disallowing adequate testing before Schwab insisted that it go live.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Doesn't sound like "If for any reason you're not completely satisfied" to me.  Any reason could be I didn't like the side of the bed I got up on today.  Foolish guarantee and clearly one that don't really fulfill.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.